Light Tan Footless Tights

Tuco123

Hi all, I'm hoping you could help. I'm trying to find some tan footless dance tights for my DD but I'm struggling to find ones that aren't too dark. I did buy some that looked light on the internet but when they arrived they were quite thick and almost a yellowy colour. They're awful actually and very obvious. She hasn't got a tan at the moment so all the ones I've seen look too dark.

I need them to be seamless, light/nude colour, matte and semi opaque....so that they basically look like skin. Any ideas of brands?

Capezio ultra soft come in "light suntan" as well as "suntan" footless tights: http://www.capezioeurope.com/women/tights/footless-tights/ultra-soft-footless-tight

Bloch Endura also come as footless in light suntan but they are out of stock on the Bloch website. May be worth seeing if Move Dancewear have them as they do a lot of Bloch dancewear.

Unfortunately, if you are pale skinned, even light tan is pretty tan.

• Like 1

Hello - I have this same problem with my daughter, who is very fair skinned. We use Revolution footless tights from Dance Direct in "classic pink", which are actually not pink at all but a very pale tan colour.

• Like 1

Hello - I have this same problem with my daughter, who is very fair skinned. We use Revolution footless tights from Dance Direct in "classic pink", which are actually not pink at all but a very pale tan colour.

I was just going to recommend Revolution tights too, though judging by their recent stock levels, I have the feeling they might be discontinuing the entire line! The quality control was never good with regards to sizing, but the classic pink is a good match for my skin tone and goes well with slightly older pointe shoes, once they've lost some of the peachy shininess!

Well I have searched the entire internet and have gotten nowhere. Revolution tights are no longer available so my options are down to two.....Capezio light suntan or Bloch light tan. Both of them look too dark and images on the internet differ greatly. My local dance shop doesn't have them for me to see by eye so I'm going to have to risk ordering one of the above knowing I can't send them back if they're wrong....and with the price of them, that's a lot of money to waste. Can any of you help me out with the shade difference between the two? Which one is lighter?

Might be going off at a tangent but have you tried high street stores like Primark. Over the years my DD has bought many items that we could not source in dance shops because something similar has been in fashion.  I know in the past when she has needed tan, blue, yellow tights etc she has bought from high street shops and if they have been too fine, worn two pairs.  I'm pretty sure she has had to cut feetoff in the past for coloured tights and they have been ok - though for a few performances and not regular use in class.

Think that's a good point 2dancersmum. I hate people paying over the odds for things if it can be done cheaper. My dancers (or more accurately their mums) have used regular tan tights from Primark cut a hole in the feet (like convertibles) clear nail polish around the cut then folded them up and tacked into place. They've wound up with 4/5 pairs for less than one pair of dance-y ones and they are far cheaper. I think if you snip the toe separator on sandal toe ones you could probably get the same effect ?

The thing that put me off looking for some on the high street was that I was under the impression womens/girls tights sold in clothes stores have a gusset seam line across the top of the thigh....unlike specific dance tights that don't? Is that not necessarily the case?

I know what you mean but some of the Primark ones don't have the weird line thing and go all the way up. It must say on the box. Think they are about 10denier ? Maybe 15? And I know other have used silky ones from the indoor market

Are these to be part of a costume for a show? Is dd wearing something on top half that is a colour? If so I'm just wondering is it worth going to all this effort as the lights, distance from audience will mean the colour will not look true anyway.

I know what you mean but some of the Primark ones don't have the weird line thing and go all the way up. It must say on the box. Think they are about 10denier ? Maybe 15? And I know other have used silky ones from the indoor market

I didn't realise that, I'll have a look on the high street then...feeling more positive about finding some now :)

The tights are for two things. One for a Greek exam to wear with leotard and Tunic, the other is for her lyrical modern routine at festivals to wear with her lyrical dress.

Of course, I've noticed that some girls wear them for lyrical at festivals and some don't. I personally think they look better without but at one festival, an adjudicator commented very strongly that all girls should wear them in lyrical modern. I have to say it's the first time I've heard that and my DD's teacher said every adjudicator is different and that there are no rules as to wearing them for lyrical, but seen as she needs them for her Greek exam, we may aswell keep them for the lyrical just incase.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I bought some, they turned out to be a yellowy tan colour. She wore them for her first time performing the lyrical and they stood out a mile on stage. They looked awful!

Tuco123 we had an adjudicator like that recently - made the girls laugh! My dd is pale and we use Bloch Light Tan but personally I don't think any would look great on pale girls. Let us know if you find a good one! The alternative is a fake tan but that's a personal decision, especially if they're young. Good luck!!

Indeed, all the girls chuckled on this occasion too! I've seen actual pics of a girl wearing the capezio ones and they look way too dark for my DD. I went out yesterday and couldn't find any in Primark, H&M, Asda, Tesco or Morrisons. I think I'm going to be left with no choice but to get the bloch ones and hope for the best :-/

• Like 1