Ticket Subscriptions for Paris Opera Ballet

Hmm I was looking at ticket subscriptions for POB but it does not seem to allow you to buy multiple performances of the same show?  Anyone got experience of this system.  Plus the dreaded "Do not leave single seeats" has been installed on seat selction - wish they woudl just have a normal pick you seat system instead of changing to what you want from what they allocate.  May just have to take pot luck at general booking if the subs thing can't do what I want!

Whilst writng there are a number of cheaper tickets that hvae been released this week (EUR50) on sale for the Peck (Bastille) and Fortsythe (Garnier) performances - not surprised they haven't sold as the rep doesn't look that interesting/well known and the shows are very short time wise too!

I was vaguely looking into getting a subscription a few months ago. It indeed looked like it only allowed for one ticket per production, however once you were a subscriber you could then buy additional tickets (still discounted) which I believe could be for any performance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just seen by chance on the POB web site https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/ticketing/spectators-offers/pass-opera.

The Opera de Paris offers a 20% discount for tickets in the more expensive seats for a range of performances (ballet & opera) for the holders of a new Pass’ Opéra. The pass is limited in numbers. Once bought, it gives access also to those performances for which public booking has not opened yet.

I went just over the 30-minute limit to edit the above post, so here separately additional comments

From a test after I bought a first ticket, the pass, however, still does not allow to buy tickets at a discounted price for more than one performance of the same show. It does allow to buy, however, more than one ticket for the same performance of a show. The seat categories that come with the discount vary from performance to performance, and currently not every performance offers the discount. So hopefully discounts will be allocated to additional performances over time, depending on ticket sales.

In relation to Ratmansky's Sleeping Beauty which is starting in a few days' time - discounts are available for some performances.

Well if I wasn't spending an arm and a leg going to St Petersburg in November would be tempted over to see this ABT Sleeping Beauty

In Paris.

Still cannot have everything

Is there any news of ABT coming to UK soonish?