Small girl pants that don't show under leotards?

Confuddled

I've been searching for high leg, plain pants that my 7 year old daughter can wear under her leotard. I didn't find any on the high street, but I've found some on Amazon. Obviously it's hard to tell online, has anyone's daughter tried the Katz Dancewear nude high leg briefs? Or is there another brand you would recommend?

She's small for her age, so even the tiniest adult sizes aren't an option. And she's going to be at a summer school that appears to be pretty strict about uniform and appearance, so I figure her usual look of spotty / stripy / multi-coloured pants peeking out from the bottom of her leotard won't be acceptable.

Do M&S still do their girls seamless knickers? They used to come in multi packs of white and pink.

Will she be wearing tights under leotard? If so does she need knickers? Dd first experience of summer school was having to have knickers posted to her as only took a couple of pairs - hadn't thought about evening activities not being in leotard!

No experience of Katz knickers. As a teenager dd tried Capezio and Bloch but finds Tesco seamless as good plus lots cheaper.

I've had a look at the M&S ones and they might be ok, but I think flesh coloured would be better and they only do black and white. She will be wearing tights, but she's very picky about how things feel and I suspect she won't like wearing them without pants. The First Position ones look like the Katz ones, I might see which is cheapest and get one pair to try.

Shygirlsmum If you have a spare pair of First Position ones in a 6-8, I'd happily buy them.

Edited by Confuddled

My slightly smaller than average DD (just turned 10, but wears 7-8 in normal knickers) has the Katz flesh coloured ones in M/L child size. They're a perfect fit but suspect they'll be too small soon! Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

One of my students is tiny and she wears nude seam free knickers from Victoria's secrets. Another student who is 8 but wears age 4-5 has a Victoria's secrets crop top which is advertised as a ladies xs to both mine and the girls mums horror, no wonder our teenagers have issues with body image when VS xs fits the tiniest 8year old!

Hello, Confuddled.  I've added the tag "underwear" to your post, so if you click on that now it will show you other threads on related matters which may contain some useful information.

• Like 2

Wear Moi flesh colour sold by Dancing Boutique in Tunbridge Wells (Google - they post out) They are on uniform list at Tring I believe. A firm stay in place knicker my DD really likes for under leotards. One order said a different brand but they were exactly the same. Quite a thick stretch cotton. Rather fancy them for myself as reckon they might just hold one in!!!

• Like 1

Or - get to the point where you don't need pants under tights. But I agree, if it's just a leotard, and no tights, then pants are needed. But really in leotard & tights, pants are just extra bulk & unnecessary.

Edited by Kate_N
  • Like 1

I'd disagree Kate. I've seen so many awful camel toe leotard pictures posted by adoring parents on Facebook & also the material tights are made of are just asking for you to get thrush especially when kids are wearing them for long hours.

I agree, pictures. I don't know if any ballet tights come with a cotton gusset but at least undies do.

I'd disagree Kate. I've seen so many awful camel toe leotard pictures posted by adoring parents on Facebook & also the material tights are made of are just asking for you to get thrush especially when kids are wearing them for long hours.

eeerrrroch....or similar sound! Graphic but very good points made!!!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, that's so useful. I'm a bit aghast at the price of the Wear Moi ones, but on the other hand they are the only cotton ones I've found (the others seem to be nylon, as far as I can tell). I think cotton is probably comfier and more hygienic - and also it's what my daughter is used to, which always helps.

Final question, at that price I'm buying one pair only. Her class leotard is pale pink, the summer school one is black. I'm assuming white pants won't show under a black leotard, but that black ones would under the light pink leotard, so I should go for white? They don't seem to have a flesh coloured option.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, that's so useful. I'm a bit aghast at the price of the Wear Moi ones, but on the other hand they are the only cotton ones I've found (the others seem to be nylon, as far as I can tell). I think cotton is probably comfier and more hygienic - and also it's what my daughter is used to, which always helps.

Final question, at that price I'm buying one pair only. Her class leotard is pale pink, the summer school one is black. I'm assuming white pants won't show under a black leotard, but that black ones would under the light pink leotard, so I should go for white? They don't seem to have a flesh coloured option.

We have purchased flesh colour.....another stockist to try for same/similar could be Stardust...the Hammond suppliers

I think you are looking at the wrong ones, you're lost keep by at the modesty pants designed to match costumes.

It's dance briefs you need, the fabric is tactel in most cases. Without going into too much detail it's moisture absorbent.

Oh bother! Thanks for warning me, I think I will ring them up and ask for their advice, seems like the best way forward.

• Like 1

I agree, pictures. I don't know if any ballet tights come with a cotton gusset but at least undies do.

All of my ballet tights have a cotton gusset! The only time I wear pants with ballet tights is when I'm on my period since I have to wear pads. I hate having pants underneath, it's just extra elastic to dig in and an extra layer of warmth, yuck!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...