new123

Value for money - thoughts after CBA audition

Dds warm up consists of jogging on the spot for a few mins then standing at the bar or against a wall doing a kind of round twisty thing with her leg.

I wonder if this is the same twisty thing that my dd does too, I have seen them do it as part of stretching after barre work, that after a few repetitions involves flinging your leg up before carrying on with the twisty bit? Before now I've caught my dd doing this exercise, mindlessly in the supermarket queue oblivious to everyone else around her. Dangerous when she gets to the leg up bit but all of it gets odd looks not that she'd notice as in a world of her own.

Does anyone know if it has a name?

• Like 1

Starlight69

From what I could make out the CBA at Tring had 5 groups of 22 of various ages through out the day to audition. No idea for how many places. At the Royal ballet Eastleigh audition the same numbers. About 120 kids at that one centre. I was told but not sure how true it is that of the youngest group of 22 they were ruffly after 2 of the 8 boys and 2 of the 14 girls. I did not see many boys at CBA but I was not looking around that much x

Starlight69

From what I could make out the CBA at Tring had 5 groups of 22 of various ages through out the day to audition. No idea for how many places. At the Royal ballet Eastleigh audition the same numbers. About 120 kids at that one centre. I was told but not sure how true it is that of the youngest group of 22 they were ruffly after 2 of the 8 boys and 2 of the 14 girls. I did not see many boys at CBA but I was not looking around that much x

Starlight69

Hello Starlight, you seem to be having some difficulty with quoting posts. If you want to quote, just press the "quote" button, and a reply box will appear with the quoted text in it. All you need to do is place your cursor in that box underneath the text, type your reply, then press "post". Hope that helps. :-)

I think the problem is with those of us who only post from phones as that happens to me if I try to quote when on my phone.

Does it? That's not good. Might be worth raising it on the "problems/queries" sub forum.

• Like 1

I don't know if this helps but CBA have set a deadline of 30th May to email if you no longer wish to attend and perhaps they might wait till they know who are continuing to see how many places will be available? Last year the results were out by now and before assessments had been received but each year is different I guess?

That said, you could still have an answer on your doormat tomorrow!!

Good luck xx

• Like 2

Ah interesting. Yes I guess there could be different factors at play this year. Our postman will think I'm stalking him  :ph34r:

Good luck all and have a super looooong weekend. What's everyone up to? xx

• Like 1

If I recall previous PV predictions I will be wrong and you'll get..an email in around 20 minutes or wax sealed velum parchment delivered by carrier pigeon in around 12 weeks - it could go either way.

• Like 6

Ah interesting. Yes I guess there could be different factors at play this year. Our postman will think I'm stalking him  :ph34r:

Good luck all and have a super looooong weekend. What's everyone up to? xx

My dd is back at Tring park for the junior dance day on Tuesday. She is excited :)
  • Like 1

Is Tring CBA separate or connected to the School?  If you do well at CBA do they ever offer a place at the school or encourage an application?

Ms Sunshine, we were looking at this. Was going to see if any spaces as sure dd would love it!

• Like 1

Out of interest, anyone know who's teaching Group 6 now? Is it still Miss Samaii?

Yes still Miss Samaii Anna.

And yes my DD has been offered a full time place at the school whilst at the CBA. It can happen  :)

Edited by Loulabelle
  • Like 2

Is Tring CBA separate or connected to the School?  If you do well at CBA do they ever offer a place at the school or encourage an application?

It is very much part of the school, and yes, CBA students can be offered full-time places.