Hammond 3 Yr Course

LMDancer

• 2 weeks later...

The list changes year to year, depending who has vacancies and on any new places that Hammond find during the year - especially where the accommodation is living with a landlady (who does breakfast & evening meal & washing) as opposed to a shared house of just students.  Priority goes to the under 16s for landlady accommodation.  Quite a few of the student houses are close to the centre of Chester as opposed to the school.  My advice is to  phone as soon as you get the list, even if you cannot view straight away. DD went at 16 and her landlady operated by the idea that the first to phone had first refusal rather than the first to view, within reason obviously but she was well aware that some of her students would live quite some distance away and not be able to just drive up easily.  In fact I know in the past she has had students from abroad also.

• 2 weeks later...

I have DD in Year 8 and wondered if anyone else will be getting train home to London on exeat weekends?  Not sure senior students have exeat but thought worth a try

thanks. just dont want her to travel on train alone. and soooo fed up of the 4 hour drive up and then straight back.

Seniors - ie diploma course - don't actually have exeat weekends in any case so they will finish at their normal time those Fridays. They don't have classes at the weekend , unless they are requested for extra rehearsals and are therefore free to go home any weekend they chose.

• Like 1

Suggest you have a word with the boarding staff to ask which other students make this journey if your Dd does not know the older ones. My Dd, currently in yr 10 has travelled back to the south west with a number of others - it does vary who takes the train each time, depending on personal commitments, parents evenings etc.

• Like 2

Thank you balletmum20.... will pm you.

Karen... I am aware of that group but school will not give out any personal info about other children and locations as tried to get organised when we first started.Traffic always going to be increasing so thought I needed to look at other options..

I will ask my Dd also - I am aware of someone in yr 10 heading to the south coast which may require travel through London. I'm surprised that school will not help with the info but if your Dd doesn't feel able to ask the older students herself, perhaps there is an older student she is comfortable with who will point her in the right direction?

• Like 1

Would she have to change anywhere? I'm planning to get my two in year 10 and 11 (in September) to catch the train.  They will have to change at Crewe.  I'm sure they would be willing to help if your dd also had to change at Crewe?  My younger dd has caught the train from Euston home (having been put on the train) and from school to Birmingham, via Crewe on her own, confidently. 

• Like 1