Character solo for 6 year old!

drdance

Help! I am looking for a VERY simple character solo idea/theme/story for a 6 year old - any suggestions?! I'm great at all the abstract older children's ideas but not very good at simple or light hearted! Thanks in anticipation!

Thinks back to festivals I have seen...

Alice in Wonderland (Knave, White rabbit)

Fairy tale (Cinderella, Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Thumbelina)

Beatrix Potter (Jeremy Fisher, Peter Rabbit)

Circus, or watching a circus

Visiting the seaside

School or laundry day(think that might have been the Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe, come to think of it)

Will post again if i think of more.

• Like 1

My DS was a chimney sweep skipping to work ,spreading out a cloth to cover stuff and jumping to push the brush up the chimney , getting covered in soot and of course getting covered in soot , and of course made a mess and gets a telling off and runs away home !

You probably know this already, but at that age the important thing is to keep it simple and not too long.  I remember that I choreographed a far too complicated solo for my Primaries (in the days when it was teacher's choreography) and I was very lucky, because the examiner was really kind.  She saw I was new to it and she told me that they all got muddled with directions and steps and that though it was a lovely dance, that age needed a simpler one.  I did one with a teddy bear for the next lot and it was most successful! 

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I have decided on one, but won't spoil the fun in case she decides later she doesn't like it, but all I can say is that it will involve an interesting costume transformation towards the end (and it's not Ugly Duckling!).

• Like 2