Summer school for 7 year old

Flowerpot

Does anyone know of any summer school for under 8's around the North West or East Cheshire.

I have had a look online and from what I've seen you have to be 8 or above. There are some that do musical theatre etc but not just ballet which is what my dd wants.

Centrepointe which isn't too far from me have a summer school from age 8 and have said she can attend but I don't know if this would be a good idea as she is only just 7 and very petite and looks about 5! I wouldn't want her to feel out of place. Has anyone any experience of this summer school? Thanks.

If you can travel across the border then Staffordshire Youth Ballet do a younger age group for their mostly ballet with a bit of contemporary but they havnt set the dates yet

Are hand forth & Pressburg doing anything (flowerdew?)

Another local dance school across the border who do summer holiday dance days mostly ballet is Jenny Brennan in Talke.

Thanks orchidblue & pictures. We have a summer school w/c 8th August ages 5+. and our studios are in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Search for us as Bella Danza Studios we have an Instagram & Facebook account, our website is currently under construction! If you'd like more info please pm me princessballerina x

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone, a few more options to consider. I will have a look at the ones mentioned later. Never thought to ask if other 8 year olds are doing the summer school at Centrepointe so will ask the question.

I can understand the 8 year old rule regarding concentration and focus. She has not done such a long day dancing before so something to consider although she does have lots of stamina and energy!

Flowerdew is your summer school just ballet? I only ask because my dd will only do ballet at the moment. I am still trying to convince her otherwise. That is the problem I have found, just ballet seems to be for older children.

Believe me I have tried Sarahw as has her dance teacher to encourage her to give it a try but she is one strong willed girl and says she just wants to do ballet.

I know in time she will but it will be when she thinks it is her choice and not mine!

Have any other dc just stuck to ballet? I don't think it matters for now I just let her do what she enjoys but it does narrow down options.