Makeup at ballet auditions

stardancer

Hi could anyone give me some advice, my dd hates make up, but wears it for show, s.

Do you no if audition, s for 16+ require you to have it,or is that just for the musical theatre school, s.

Will she be assessed on it for scoring

I always think it's good at accentuate the eyes with mascara and a little eye liner but nothing else is needed. I know some of the musical theatre schools require full make up - I think it is mad for students sweating all day long. As with anything to do with auditions, I think the auditionee has to feel 100% comfortable to perform at their best. Maybe your dd could experiment with a bit of eye make up in classes to make sure she feels happy before auditions.

• Like 2

I agree re eye makeup - it does look nice. For ballet courses, makeup at audition definitely shouldn't sway the panel one way or the other. Your daughter will dance best if she's comfortable with how she looks.

I know some MT colleges like full makeup for class but personally I disagree with it - it cannot be good for young faces to be sweating all day with foundation, concealer, powder etc stopping their skin from breathing. You don't see company ballet dancers doing their daily class in full makeup with red lipstick, so for the life of me I can't understand why some schools and colleges insist on it for every day. Different for special occasions and/or press visits, but for daily class?

If it helps, like taxi's dd, I think my dd wore eyeliner, mascara, and some natural lip gloss at audition.

• Like 4

I personally wear makeup on a daily basis so that's what I felt comfortable going into auditions wearing but I would say go with whatever feels comfortable for your dd, you don't want to add to the worry of auditions, but I do think a little makeup is nescesary especially if she was wearing some in her photos that they will be comparing her to. It can differ from school to school, for example I wore a light base and eyeliner and mascara for a ballet audition but wore a much heavier base with more eye make up and red lips for some musical theatre schools and people were even wearing false lashes! It's obviously whatever is comfortable or normal for them that works best

Hi could anyone give me some advice, my dd hates make up, but wears it for show, s.

Do you no if audition, s for 16+ require you to have it,or is that just for the musical theatre school, s.

Will she be assessed on it for scoring

What was she auditioning for?