ROH ticket return/resale advice

I got a bit overzealous in my Bolshoi booking before casting was announced and I have a couple of tickets I want to return. I'm not sure whether I should return them now as there's still plenty of tickets available or if it's better to return them nearer the time.  When you return tickets do they let you know as soon as they've sold, or do you only find out after the performance is over? 

They won't even try to resell them unless the seating area and price range in question is already sold out.

If and when they do resell, what normally happens is you receive an email the day after the performance to confirm the value of the credit that will be made to your account (though you can phone them sooner, and ask if the resale has been made).

You may well find it's best to advertise them on the Ticket Exchange/Special Offers forum here, especially if they are inexpensive and good, as you may find a willing buyer sooner rather than later, and without the uncertainty of whether or not the ROH will resell them.

Here is the link to the standard ROH returns policy

http://www.roh.org.uk/visit/tickets#returns

BUT Hochhauser/the Bolshoi is a visiting company and in the past the I associate dire warnings about no refund or exchange with the purchase of tickets for them. I can't find anything definite to that effect on the website, can anyone help specifically with this point?

Yes, exchanges would be for other Bolshoi performances only, so that's not much help. Ruth, do you literally mean the box office will sit on them until all other seats in the price bracket are sold, more or less? In that case, I can't see any point in returning them early. Tickets for later in the run may be easier to get rid of via the box office - on the basis that some people who didn't book early enough will probably be going for whatever there is left by then.

Thanks for your replies. I will hold on to them for now and hope demand increases nearer the time. I thought tickets would fly off the shelves as it's the Bolshoi, which is why I panic bought!

I did think of selling them on this site, but they're mid-price tickets and I usually see inexpensive ones listed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...