London Studio centre

KathyG

A friend of DS has got a place at LDS for September, but she has told us that the lease is up on their current premises and they don't know where they will be for the new term. Has anyone esle heard anything about this? It's making it very difficult for her as she can't book accomodation until she knows where the school will be.

Yes I had heard this too, my dd goes to Saturday classes here and we have not heard anything either. How awful for your sons friend, getting accommodation in London is hard at the best of times.

I am sure this fabulous forum will come to the rescue!

• Like 1

A ballet mum told me last week that London Studios are relocating to Acton area and that the premises were lovely as was the area. However, I don't know more than that, so please don't quote me! Hopefully someone else can give more info.

A friend of mines DD currently goes to London Senior Ballet on a Saturday which is held in their premises and is also starting the college in September. London Senior Ballet have told her the premises will be in North Acton as they are moving to the same premises, however, London Studio Centre still haven't and won't confirm this just yet.. makes it very hard to look for accommodation!!

Yes, LJB & LSB will be relocating too. We heard West Acton and that the final lease for the new building should be signed during the next week and then they can make the announcement. Again, don't quote me but that's what I heard this weekend.

Yes, LJB & LSB will be relocating too. We heard West Acton and that the final lease for the new building should be signed during the next week and then they can make the announcement. Again, don't quote me but that's what I heard this weekend.

Any news about the relocation? My DD would like to audition but I need to know if the commute is do-able for us.

Hi,

The move is to a new building in North-West Acton, apparently within walking distance of West Acton/North Acton tube stations (both on the Central Line) and Park Royal station (on the Piccadilly Line). If you look at the map you will be able to see that if you are travelling by car, this location would be just south of the A40 between Gypsy Corner & the Hanger Lane gyratory. It is also near Acton Main Line rail station (the first stop out from London Paddington on the Greenford branch line).

The unofficial word is that the current building is definitely going at the end of this term, but that the new building will not be ready until January, so not sure yet what they are doing about that.....

An official announcement expected imminently though, so keep checking their website!

• Like 3

Found the map, closest stations are Park Royal on the Piccadily line to Uxbridge

West Acton on Central line to Ealing.

Also walkable include North Ealing also Piccadily line and Acton Mainline train station.

By car it is just off A40 Western Avenue.

On the plus side it is close to Boden shop!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Found you at last!! My daughter is signed up for a Foundation Course at LSC starting in October. I have been anxious to sort out accommodation and initially my emails were answered apologetically saying that accommodation information would be sent soon (this is since April!!). I spoke to Sarah Tudor a couple of months ago and she said that LSC is moving but that she couldn't give me any details yet and since then I have heard nothing. My recent email and voicemail messages have remained unanswered, and so today I decided to ring every single department on the list to see if I could actually find a person to speak to. Most of them just cut you off saying the extension isn't available. The extension for the performance and company department did have a voicemail and I left a message. However, eventually a man actually answered the phone (when I selected the academic department) who turned out to be Robert Penman (the Dean). I explained the frustration and worry I was feeling at not being able to contact anyone to get any information or explanation as to what is going on. He said they were in the process of moving but wouldn't tell me where so I think they may be moving out, but perhaps still don't know where they are going? He said he would get Sarah Tudor to ring me, but I haven't heard anything today. I do have sympathy for their predicament, especially if they are still struggling to find accommodation, but they really need to keep us informed at least via their website. I am supposed to pay the first instalment of the fees by 1 September, but am not willing to do this unless I can get an explanation as to what is happening.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum Tessa - glad you found us :)

Well done for your tenacity on trying to contact LSC - as you say, they are obviously having their own difficulties, but they should keep in touch with their students. Keep us informed.

• Like 2

Hi I am waiting for news I have mailed them again as I have now stupidly completed a very large accomodation deposit. The house is in Sudbury I am assured this is near the final location. But a sign that all is going to get sorted would be a huge relief. i decided to complete the deposit as the uni clearance will happen soon and there will be a demand for accomodation.

I feel sad that even if all is sorted the kids will not have had the cahnce to open the envelope telling them they had made it and we are still waiting!

Hi,

I hope you have told them that you have committed to the accommodation deposit and where it is. Hopefully a bit of realisation that people are committing themselves financially will spur them on to give us some more information. I have heard nothing which, while it doesn't really surprise me, is disappointing.

Hi guys,

What a nightmare for you! Yes Tessa they will have physically gone from their old building by now (lease was up at the end of July I think), they were in the process of stripping out all the fixtures and fittings last time I was there 10 days ago, v sad!). I really don't think they know what is happening themselves yet - see earlier posts for where they are hoping to go. Some delay in getting planning permission perhaps? Spare a thought for the poor teachers, pianists and other staff, some of whom will not want to/be able to move so far out, and the students who are stranded halfway through their courses......

Maybe they'll have to resort to hiring church halls or something!

I definitely agree they should have put something on their website, but if there is a potential snag with the planned new site, they aren't really in a position to announce that they are going there. I'm sure they are just as stressed as you about it right now!

• Like 1

I have let them know that we have commited and my girl is now getting very disheartened saying 'Mum I really hope they are going to be there the year I have made it'. It is heart wrenching to see my girl fretting and frightening to know I have parted with a huge amount of money on trust that this will come off. On Wednesday I travel from Wales to London to sign the final contract not knowing that what I am doing is the right thing but I have to go on the faith that they would have been up front and honest if this were not to come off. If anyone from the Studio has the power to give us just something back to let us know we are not being taken for a ride I would be so greatful to get some reassurance. This is not a nice place to be, we are being expected to part with a huge amount of money yet there is no commitment from the studio to help us! I don't have a penny to rub together and have saved and borrowed to get the accomodation to support my girl. LSC it is time you gave us some answers please . The more this goes on it makes us feel like we are not valued as costumers of the future. We are faithful to our kids and you know this is a huge comittment from families. Are we are throwing away our money and the futures of some really promising dancers and will we have to break to them that they have been let down really badly with no information. Each day my girl watches the post box fully in the belief she will get some news soon! She wrote on a piece of paper the other day post man came and went again. If you are listening then have a heart and reply to us!

LSC we ask for some info ASAP!

Helena

Oh Helena I really sympathise with you and your daughter. I thought we had problems, but if the worst comes to the worst my daughter could commute whereas your daughter cannot do it without organising accommodation. I think you are right and we just have to have faith that they would have let us know if there was going to be a delay, and would not have been so disorganised and uncaring as to have allowed people to lose money on deposits etc. I echo your call to LSC to have the decency to speak to us (still no return of my calls or reply to emails) and give us some reassurance ASAP.

Hi folks just wanted to let you know that I have found a planning application for Unit 5 Kendal road Acton London. I have no idea of the outcome as the site is undergoing essential maintainance it is Ealing council site.

I don't know the outcome of this but it is a sign that the school is actively looking to finalise relocation and this may be the delay.

Feel better about this as something traceable seems to be happening. Perhaps you guys with greater ability to research can take a look and see if you find anything further!

H

Hi we have heard the same. Teg has a mail to say all is up and running, Just waiting on the official letter now. Should be tomorrow hopefully I am all out on the waiting now! I need some info and confirmation soon. I think we have gone beyond now. It is time to comit to a huge fee here and we need to know you value our custom and above all the devepoment of our kids!

• Like 1