Princess Grace Ballet School

Flora

DD is doing this school this summer alongside a few other ballet courses. The summer school includes an audition for the following academic year for those who want to audition and presumably have yet to secure places. Has anyone done this before? The standard of the main school looks extremely high from what I can see of their YouTube postings.

My DD did a week at PG in 2014. She had a lovely time and the standard of teaching was high. Mix of nationalities including Italian,spanish,Japanese and Korean.  My daughter did not audition for a full-time place so can't tell you what that involves, tho I'm sure that if you are interested she will be assessed during her time there as well as the "official" audition.

The school has successful alumni including Prix winner 2015, Rine Kinehara who is now at ENB and is included, as the Company's youngest dancer, in this years emerging dancer competition.

• Like 1

I applied for the full time course and went on to train there. When I was there, there was no separate audition class. Those who wanted to be considered for the full time programme were continually assessed over the course of a month and given feedback at the end when they were told whether or not they had been accepted. This is not terribly relevant as it was a while ago and a lot has changed, but I believe that candidates are still continually assessed and given feedback at the end of the week.

Are you UK based and if so, is your daughter going into year 11 or 12 in September? Academic courses are studied by correspondence so you would need to figure out what you would do with that if you're coming from the UK. The set up is very good for French and Italian students.

The school has many successful alumni and I think the new director has made a lot of positive changes.

• Like 1