• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's really whetted my appetite.  I thought the company looked terrific.

One thing that bugged me - at the end when Prince Charles and the Duchess were meeting participants the commentator didn't even mention Robert Fairchild and Leanne Cope - although I saw them the commentary just jumped past! 

I assume not all the cast was available as at least one BRB dancer was involved as well as James Barton.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about seating at the Dominion Theatre.

Row E is the front row for AIP. "premium seats" start in Row J.

Say I was buying tix for someone who's a big fan of Robbie Fairchild (asking for a friend, you understand) and wanted to be as close as possible...

What are rows E-J like at the Dominion? Are they sunk below the stage at all?
Thank you!

I have a question about seating at the Dominion Theatre.

Row E is the front row for AIP. "premium seats" start in Row J.

Say I was buying tix for someone who's a big fan of Robbie Fairchild (asking for a friend, you understand) and wanted to be as close as possible...

What are rows E-J like at the Dominion? Are they sunk below the stage at all?

Thank you!

According to Theatremonkey the best stalls seats are from row D to H. Very good rake from F onwards. Plenty of leg room. You can tell your "friend" that these are good seats. The theatre itself is huge.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I just hovered my cursor over a seat in the end block and there was no mention of any sightline restriction.  Don't know if it's the same further towards the centre, of course.  The restriction for the rail in the back half of the circle is described as "slight", FWIW.

Does anybody know how much the safety rail in the circle restricts the view from row A?

Thanks

According to Theatremonkey: "Safety bars at the ends of the aisles do not affect the view, though pedants might want to sit one seat off the aisle to avoid them, if they feel like it! The two seats nearest the safety bars have been reduced in price (and A1 taken off sale) to allow for the problem - good response, thinks the monkey."

• Like 1

Incidentally, does anyone know what the theatre is like about exchanging for another night and/or issuing duplicates?  What appears to be a link to the T&Cs on the AiP website turns out to be no such thing.

So, do we take it that literally the first performance in April is the official first night (sorry, couldn't spot it on the website, although possibly I wasn't looking far enough ahead)?  I thought I'd booked well into the previews period, but obviously not.

The show has been in previews since last Saturday.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Robert Fairchild (a NYCB Principal Dancer and award winner for his Paris, Broadway and London performance in AAIP - now departed) is to appear as Will Parker in the John Wilson Prom semi-staged production of OKLAHOMA! at the RAH on Friday 11th August, both mat and eve.  I have a feeling that everything will be very up to date in Kansas City in Mr. Fairchild's fair hands ... and fleet feet.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The London run finishes tonight but as indicated above it was filmed with the original cast and I've just seen that it will be relayed at my local Vue on the 15th or 16th May - and presumably on those dates around the country?

• Like 1