BalletcoForum Badges

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We always just used to meet up in a regular spot in the amphi bar or the terrace balcony outside...much easier to have a designated spot than going around peering at people's lapels, chests or suchlike!

Of course that is just for ROH, but its easy enough to suggest a similar spot at Sadlers Wells or any other theatre in whichever town, city or country.

Maybe a badge AND a designated spot..now we are onto something :)

Edited by Mandy Kent
  • Like 3

Still trying to make up mind about the 11th! There are still tickets available I see BUT

With the trooping of the colour and the naked bike ride events on that day I think it could be difficult to get around as streets get closed off and behind barriers and so on.

The final decider will be are there any Southern trains running that day anyway!!!

Badge wearers and non-wearers alike,I will be at the ROH on Tues 31st for the Triple Bill and am happy to suggest we meet up on the outside terrace of the Amphi Bar, turn left to the very end table where many balletco-ers have been 'secretly' meeting for years   :D  :rolleyes: , and come and say hello !

And maybe.... lets get a Xmas Get-Together on the road ??  Savoir Faire still the most amazing venue in Holborn  :)

• Like 2

Badge wearers and non-wearers alike,I will be at the ROH on Tues 31st for the Triple Bill and am happy to suggest we meet up on the outside terrace of the Amphi Bar, turn left to the very end table where many balletco-ers have been 'secretly' meeting for years   :D  :rolleyes: , and come and say hello !

If the weather stays warm, people will need to look for us on the other part of the terrace. All the tables in front of the restaurant are currently being used for outdoor dining. 

If the weather stays warm, people will need to look for us on the other part of the terrace. All the tables in front of the restaurant are currently being used for outdoor dining. 

That dude Al Fresco has a lot to answer for

• Like 4

Saw not a single badge wearer, either last night or at the rehearsal this afternoon. Although I did almost accost a lady with blue buttons on her blouse - realised my mistake in the nick of time!

Well I seem to have been peering at people's chests for what seems like weeks and still haven't seen anyone.

Thanks Bluebird . Let's meet at the very far end of the terrace?

Can I suggest something similar for June 11th?

When we were having discussions about the badge style possibilities a month ago, I ordered this one as a test, and it's finally arrived! I think he's a little cutie!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/da/3a/bf/da3abfd6728045e29783c9bc13a25a99.jpg

I know ine will be diff from the others, but I will be wearing him tomorrow at Swan Lake at Royal Albert Hall,so hope to see some of you guys

• Like 3

I like it too but would prefer something a little more 'evening-wear'.  Suppose I could bling it up a bit with some rhinestones?  If you can get glittery cases for smartphones, there must be something a bit more dressy on eBay?

Linda

Ah I really like that cavy capers

Because I'm often in blue I'm sure my badge will get lost on occasions.

I will try it out on the 11th triple bill and try not to wear blue!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay am the guilty bag person!! And not only in the bag still in the wrapping!!

I thought if I saw someone else wearing one I'd put mine on but after got chatting to two people I already knew (Jacqueline and Don Q fan) plus now Fonty and Indigo in the first interval I didn't bother in the end.......but it does work as Don Q was wearing hers and I think that's how Indigo found us!!

In the end there's not a lot of time in the intervals especially as the second one seemed quite short so can all get a bit hectic....I'm more likely to be up for tea afterwards!! ( or before if you know someone already) Though obviously many have to dash off if from further afield and so on.

Will try to be more proactive next time as I can see not exactly helpful if everyone is a closet badge holder!!

• Like 3

Haven't got one yet.  I thought it might clash with my tiara. 

Perhaps you could have a badge set in your tiara, like a rare sapphire.. Having been shown the badge, still in its wrapping - LinMM has fessed up now - it is indeed quite small. If I get one, I will place it in an artistic arrangement of exotic flowers and foliage so it is able to be seen clearly for yards around. :D

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen any folks with badges at the RBS Holland Park performances so far. I'll have a large stash of small round blue stickers on me today if anyone wants one to keep in their purse for when they don't have their badge...

I was wearing my badge to the RBS performance on Saturday evening and couldn't see anyone with a badge nor was approached by anyone either (and, thinking that the badge that I had been wearing initially will have been too small and thus too difficult to spot, I went for a larger badge this time, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter). Realistically, even with a smaller stage such as Holland Park, regardless of where I sit in the auditorium, chances will be small.

There is an existing meeting place at the ROH, are there any meeting places already in existence at any other venues?

What are thoughts on posting (in a thread dedicated to this purpose?), for those who are interested, that they will be at such and such performance in the future (this does happen already for some performances, usually when there is a thread for that performance already, but probably not for all) so others who are at the same performance can get into contact and arrange to meet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on experience, badges can be difficult to spot. I have thus now stated the next performance that I will be watching in my signature and will review how this works.

• Like 1

I agree Duck, I've been on the lookout for badges but am yet to spot one!

Someone on another thread suggested a 'balletco meeting place'- is there a particular place in the ROH where forum members congregate?

I'll be at the Swan Lake matinee tomorrow (balcony standing) if anyone else is going?? :)