BalletcoForum Badges

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finished the poll and asked the mods to lock it.  So over to you Cavycapers!

The winner was Round and Blue.  

I assume a medium to dark shade of blue rather then sky blue or baby blue.  Can we therefore go and buy our badges?

I think because the example John showed us was a darker blue, then that is prob what people had in their mind when they were voting.

Yes, yes, buy away! :)

I'll still put up photo of one with wording when it comes.

What do we do when a general election is coming up :D

Edited by cavycapers
  • Like 1

Personally I think they would be better without wording on, in case all and sundry think these are "official" badges provided by the Committee. I can envisage a whole heap of messages to Mods asking "where do we buy Balletcoforum badges"?

Wording also means that it would look more uniform if everyone gets their badges from the same supplier. If you agree round and blue, and specify a vague shade, e.g. Royal blue, people can order them from suppliers anywhere.

I'm not quite sure I follow this logic exactly. I'm not sure who the all and sundry are. I suspect that it is only the 100 or so members who voted in the poll who are interested. And if I were to be wearing a badge with the name on and be spotted by a forum member which elicited a request for a badge, isn't that the point, so we can find each other? I do also think that if it were me, I would search for 'badges' rather than contact an administrator. Would it be possible to put up a final post sayng that it has nothing to do with you and to read the threads for how to buy?

Edited by cavycapers

I was going to buy a plain dark blue badge, no wording hope that'll be OK.  Either way I'll know that if I see a round blue badge it is 99.9% likely to be one of us and if not well it's just another chance to meet another balletomane!

• Like 5

Well, I trialled my lovely new, round blue badge at the ROH this evening. (I know, I was super keen & amazingly it arrived by next post just in time to wear tonight!)

I wore it around the ROH before the performance started, at the first interval, the second interval... And no-one spotted me :(

So I returned disconsolately to my seat for Act III & got chatting again to the person sat next to me. In the course of conversation, I mentioned BalletcoForum. To my intense amusement, it turns out I'd been sat next to a fellow forum member (who knew about the badges) & despite me squeezing past them to get to my seat & several chats hadn't even spotted my badge - Doh!!! :D

Edited to add: It was lovely to meet you, Timmie & I'm still chuckling on the train home

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 8

I ordered on ebay because I live in Italy. Round and blue ;)

Would you mind sharing the link please, vmmom? I live in Italy too, and I wanted to order from Amazon Italy but the supplier didn't have plain blue badges.

Edited by Aruna S
  • Like 1

Would you mind sharing the link please, vmmom? I live in Italy too, and I wanted to order from Amazon Italy but the supplier didn't have plain blue badges.

Here the link. I ordered a light blue because I'm wearing always a black jacket and the dark blue is not so noticeable on dark colors.  :D

http://www.ebay.it/itm/271062262043?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=570114604674&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

• Like 1

Meant to add thanks for the link vmmom but I'm not brill at ordering online so cannot cope with an Italian website

What does "compralo subito" mean? Comprar in Spanish is "to buy" so could be similar??

Meant to add thanks for the link vmmom but I'm not brill at ordering online so cannot cope with an Italian website

What does "compralo subito" mean? Comprar in Spanish is "to buy" so could be similar??

"By now" would be the equivalent I think.

• Like 1

Same here Janet I've just bought one

It was the £1-99 one because it had free postage. But they look very similar ( the £1-10 and £1-99 one )

It gave the size for the latter one as 20.5 mm so hope this isn't either ginormous or minuscule compared to others!!!

Same here Janet I've just bought one

It was the £1-99 one because it had free postage. But they look very similar ( the £1-10 and £1-99 one )

It gave the size for the latter one as 20.5 mm so hope this isn't either ginormous or minuscule compared to others!!!

Which site is that LinMM please. Looked on Amazon but can't find it!!!

I've got both the £1.10 & £1.99 badges from Amazon (as per links in this thread) to get different shades of blue - so I can choose which one stands out best against what I'm wearing that day. The main difference is that the £1.10 badge has more of a metal rim at the edge & is just slightly larger.

I have now tried wearing both these badges on different nights at the ROH & so far no-one has spotted me!!! :(  

In fact, the same thing happened last Friday night as I reported before: I got chatting to the person sat next to me & only discovered through conversation that they were a member of BalletcoForum! They just didn't spot the round, blue enamel badge which I wore near my collarbone on the right hand side, this time against a white background   :huh:

Has anyone spotted a forum member via the blue badges or been spotted whilst wearing one?

It's the link Janet gives in post 91 at the top of this page. It takes you straight to the badges page with various colour badges.

There is a badge for £1-10 with postage to pay and another one just below it for £1-99 but postage is free.....so works out marginally cheaper.

I do wear a lot of blue though.....so whether will stand out have no idea!!

Has anyone spotted a forum member via the blue badges or been spotted whilst wearing one?

I was wearing a - small - blue badge on the opening night of Frankenstein and haven't seen anyone else wearing one nor been approached by anyone about the badge. I didn't wear the badge for the Lamb/ Dyer/ Kish cast on Saturday, thinking that it will take time for others to get a badge, and haven't seen any blue badges that day either.

Thanks, Duck. You're probably right that it will take time for members to get their badges. Also to get used to looking out for a blue badge while wandering around the ROH!

I'll try wearing mine again when I'm next at the ROH later in May. Perhaps I should also sport one of those giant foam hands so that I can conspicuously draw people's attention to my badge! :P

• Like 7