London Children's Ballet: Little Lord Fauntleroy, London, April 2016

This year's presentation from London Children's Ballet is based on one of Frances Hodgson Burnett 's trilogy - Little Lord Fauntleroy. Four performances from Thursday 21st to Sunday 24th April at the Peacock Theatre. If you have little children or grandchildren or nieces and nephews it is a great way to introduce them to dance in a fun way. The children are a delight and joy to watch. Try to get there.

London%2BChildren_s%2BBallet%2B-%2BLittl

Luke Wragg as Cedric with members of the company

London+Children_s+Ballet+-+Little+Lord+F

Hopscotch girls

More pictures on www.johnrossballetgallery.co.uk

• Like 5

So LCB little Lord fontleroy finished yesterday. Did anyone get to go and watch, and what did you think. I thought this years production was amazing, utterly spellbinding. Congratulations to all the beautiful dancers, my DD loved every minute of the experience and was so sad this was her last year.

• Like 2

We took our 9 and 7 year old grandchildren to the Saturday matinee and they were very excited. The seven year old GD preferred the second act as Cedric (Little Lord Fauntleroy) was so kind and generous to so many children. Little Luke Wragg was excellent as was Lily O'Regan who sadly missed out on the lead of last years production of Snow White due to an injury. Well done to all the cast.

• Like 5

Our DD loved being part of the cast this year - her first time with LCB.  I spent a wonderful week chaperoning and working the quick change area side of stage and can honestly say that the children were such a happy company - generous to each other, polite and all with a clear love of dance and performing.  The LCB team are so nurturing of the children and that shows in the end result - a brand new ballet that was gentle, moving at times, funny at times and danced with technical assurance by the talented cast.  I agree that Lily O'Regan made a wonderful Dearest - she is a beautiful dancer and Luke coped with his lead role marvellously!

The choreography by Jenna Lee was so well tuned to the dancers it showed just how talented she is too!  Not forgetting the original score of Richard Norriss which was beautiful.

Bravo to all involved - I was only disappointed that I could only watch one show as I was backstage for the rest of the time! 

• Like 3