Sign in to follow this  
Primaballerina1

Ages of Royal Ballet School Mid Associates

Hi all I know we have missed the deadline for this year for RBS MA but if we wanted next year(DD is turning 13 in May) would she be able to audition. I know the ages are 11-13 however I've seen a few people who are MA and are 14. Is it based on school years instead of ages so year 7- year 9??

Edited to add do they do pointe work in MA?

Edited by Primaballerina1

I googled "RBS Mid Associate age" and the RBS website states "11-13 (within age range at 31st August)".

From that I assume that if you are still 13 on 31st August you could do a year of MAs starting in the September?

Your best bet is probably to email them.

Mids are for years 7 - 9. Yes girls do normally do pointework, but RBS don't expect those just starting year 7 to all be on pointe already.

• Like 1

So if your DD is going into year 9 in September and wants to audition next year whilst in year 9, she would actually be auditioning for a senior associates place as she would be 14 by the September when she started.  Mid - associates are for those in years 7-9 (so applying/auditioning in years 6,7,8) and senior associates for those in years 10 & 11 (so applying in years 9,10). Hope that makes sense.

• Like 2

There is a helpful table on the RBS website which shows by date of birth which Associates and full time classes can be applied for.

• Like 1