Video interview: Zenaida Yanowsky, Gustavo Dudamel and Le Sacre

Thank you very much John for this alert, I very much doubt I would ever have seen this interview if I had not seen your post on this forum. 

Great interview, so fascinating to hear Zenaida describe how different a dancer's counting of steps is to the musician's counting of the time based on the time signature. And her descriptions and physical illustrations of certain steps in the Rite of Spring are wonderful. Extremely illuminating and fascinating.

Edited by northstar

Well, that was fascinating. I don't even particularly like Rite of Spring but that interview has made more sense of it for me, so hopefully I'll get more out of it another time.

I sort of gather from things she's said about life after retirement that she might be wanting to branch out into something completely different. Which would be a shame in a way because that clip suggests that she might make a really good company coach.

Well, that was fascinating. I don't even particularly like Rite of Spring but that interview has made more sense of it for me, so hopefully I'll get more out of it another time.

Likewise! As much as I love her I absolutely hated the piece in Riot at the Rite, but now have completely new appreciation for it.

• Like 1