Hammond final

Lema

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thankyou all, im happy i know now and am very proud she actually got offered a place so she still feels she was good enough. and considering she is a commercial dancer and had never done ballet in her life i couldnt be prouder of her. im keeping my fingers crossed for all your dc

• Like 2

It's the reserve list for my dd too, not surprised but feeling much sadder than I expected to feel. It's taken me by suprise really as like I've said many times we went into this year with the attitude of a funded place in year 8 is going to be almost impossible to gain, and yet I'm feeling really deflated and dreading telling dd, who I know will take the news perfectly well but still knowing this was her last shot for year 8 makes me feel sad to have to tell her that it was as good as another no :(

Don't get me wrong I'm proud that she got reserve and not just an outright no but I can't imagine there being much movement on the reserve list especially with all the other finals having already taken place and offers would have been accepted/declined already.

Best of luck to those still awaiting results ????

• Like 2

Does everyone who gets a no go into the reserve pool or only a few? I know at Tring everyone who doesn't get offered a MDS goes on a reserve list where as Elmhurst only place a few on their list....Anyobe know how Hammond does there's?

you just never know with a reserve list there could be hope some might have got into other schools so take the award elsewhere, its not a full out no i see it as a maybe. ive read some on here that have been offered the awards later on

• Like 2

I may be wrong but I have a feeling everyone who goes to finals at the Hammond gets put on the reserve list. Please don't lose hope just yet, as my dd was offered an MDS from the reserve pool last year a month after the final audition! We had already accepted a school scholarship by then so we declined, but it does happen. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I know people do often get in from a reserve list, I know of someone who got in Elmhurst from the reserve pool. But I just feel that with how late Hammonds audition was that maybe there wouldn't be much movement as people with offers elsewhere would have already had to have accepted their offer. I know some on this forum with offers from Tring, Elmhurst or RBS have said that they wouldn't be attending the Hammond audition as they had already accepted their place elsewhere, so this lead me to believe that this would result in less movement than if the auditions had been closer together?! Hope that makes sense lol

Also I know it's not a "no" as such as she was still offered a place and if we had the money then she could start in September, and a reserve for funding is kind of a maybe but in reality she was on reserve lists last year and didn't get to go so it's hard to not just see it as a no. But I also know that I'm just feeling a little sad and my outlook will bounce back by tomorrow and I'll be back to the onward and upward outlook and have a smile on my face again, think it just shocked me at how much it upset me when I don't usually get too affected by these results!!

• Like 1

i totally understand now lema i didnt realise others had already been and accepted. and with having same last year of course you will be seeing it as the same. i thought i would be really happy my dd didnt get offered one as it took me a long time to agree as i never wanted her going i didnt like the idea of boarding, but to be honest i got my head round the idea seeing her so happy at the prospect i know it will break my heart seeing the disappointment in her face when i tell her its reserve. so i am a bit up and down to be fair glad i get to keep her at home but disappointed for her if you know what i mean.

I know exactly whT you mean mumof6, you don't want to see them go but you don't want to see them sad either :( but then they are always going to get more no's than yeses in this industry so it's practice for many more no's to come lol x

It's the reserve list for my dd too, not surprised but feeling much sadder than I expected to feel. It's taken me by suprise really as like I've said many times we went into this year with the attitude of a funded place in year 8 is going to be almost impossible to gain, and yet I'm feeling really deflated and dreading telling dd, who I know will take the news perfectly well but still knowing this was her last shot for year 8 makes me feel sad to have to tell her that it was as good as another no :(

Don't get me wrong I'm proud that she got reserve and not just an outright no but I can't imagine there being much movement on the reserve list especially with all the other finals having already taken place and offers would have been accepted/declined already.

Best of luck to those still awaiting results ????

Sorry to hear this news - was keeping my fingers crossed for you - this road is so hard for all concerned xx
  • Like 1

Thank you so much Waitingmum, it just obviously wasn't meant to be unfortunately! I just worry that she is only going to fall even further behind now as she doesn't do the hours that many her age do and we can't really accommodate more classes, so really need to take a long hard look at what to do next and where to go from here!! X

• Like 1

Hi everyone - this is so hard isn't it ?? It's a reserve for my DS too !! It says on the letter if we wish to ring & discuss our finances & possible bursary assistance to call their finance department . Is this a nice way of softening the blow & offered to everyone on the reserve list ??

Thankyou x

• Like 2

Ah Lema, so sorry to hear your news. I have been following your daughter's journey since last year when she got finals at all the schools after starting ballet only recently, and was really hoping to hear she had got a place. Although reserve does mean it is still possible. From what I have heard there has even been movement this week with people turning down Elmhurst who had got WL etc. which would mean I guess some reserve list places would come up at Elmhurst, which again could have  knock on effect on other schools. Just to show that I don't think it is all done and dusted yet, so don't give up hope quite yet.x

• Like 1

Hi everyone - this is so hard isn't it ?? It's a reserve for my DS too !! It says on the letter if we wish to ring & discuss our finances & possible bursary assistance to call their finance department . Is this a nice way of softening the blow & offered to everyone on the reserve list ??

Thankyou x

Congrats ballet4boyz! I don't know if it is offered to all but I do know they have school funded bursaries at Hammond alongside the MDS awards so I would ring them right now and see what they can offer!

x

• Like 1

Thankyou x

yes i got that on my letter too i have rang them and someone will ring me back

Thankyou x

Yes our letter said this too x

Ah Lema, so sorry to hear your news. I have been following your daughter's journey since last year when she got finals at all the schools after starting ballet only recently, and was really hoping to hear she had got a place. Although reserve does mean it is still possible. From what I have heard there has even been movement this week with people turning down Elmhurst who had got WL etc. which would mean I guess some reserve list places would come up at Elmhurst, which again could have knock on effect on other schools. Just to show that I don't think it is all done and dusted yet, so don't give up hope quite yet.x

Thank you so much Amos, I'm just having a moment, think this man flu I have isn't helping with the taking the news well, I'll be so embarrassed when I'm feeling better that I reacted so badly :D

I think I'll give them a call about the bursary and just see what they say xx

I really wanted to say to everyone, it's not over yet!! I have known of people to get pulled from reserve in August! , requarding the bursary they award a 50% max - that is what I have been told

Well done everyone all us mums deserve medals for this rollercoaster we are on.

My dd has been awarded a mds at the Hammond - which I am very pleased but on the other hand I'm really sad, as my baby girl is going to move away, and now reality has hit in I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for that!!

good luck everyone - and I really hope you all get pulled off the reserve list, as I know that feeling so well! Xxxxxx

• Like 13

Well done everyone, hang on in there! They might tell you what number you are on the list? That may give you a better idea, as I bet the first few on the list get in eventually. Places come up for all sorts of reasons. It is a big step moving away from home at such a young age. I think you have to be very sure and quite brave, so no wonder a few are eventually handed back and a bit of shuffling occurs.

• Like 2