The new Microsoft “caption bot” is hilariously bad at captions

trog

It's a website from Microsoft Lisa, that is meant to automatically caption photos for you, but it doesn't seem to know what anything is and gives ridiculous captions as a consequence - as in trog's post. I don't seem to be able to make the link turn into a photo in my post, and although the link works for me I don't know if it works for everyone?

My picture was of swan lake (original photo here) http://globedancer.com/swan-lake-pacific-northwest-ballet/

When I put it into the captionbot website it captioned it

"I'm not really confident but I think it is a row of urinals and they seem "

Not a rip roaring success I would say...!

• Like 1

Every photo of dd in any ballet pose was apparently "a woman holding a frisbee" and "a woman jumping for a frisbee". The poor bot seems to have ballet and frisbee confused.

At least dd was "a woman" though - I tried it with a photo of Osipova and she was "a man jumping for a frisbee"! Poor Natalia - must be the short hair!

• Like 2

So basically, between this thing and the Twitter bot that went Nazi after a short time in the real world, it would appear that we're not in danger of being totally replaced by AI any time soon.

• Like 2

The highlight of the year at RBS, the defile, is 'a group of people standing on top of a surfboard,' whereas ballet students in other countries, doing arabesques in their white tutus, are already 'jetliners.' Which have the best chance of becoming urinals?  

• 3 weeks later...