Bolshoi Covent Garden tour 2016 casting & Tickets on sale

As I said, other suggestions are welcome - I find it a little pale myself, but the options which show up clearly enough seem to be rather limited.  I'd rather have highlighting myself, but it doesn't look as though we have the option.  I've just tried most of them out here, and none of them seem to be terribly effective.

Okay, a line of purple grinning smilies?  Apparently not: "You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" :(

In fact, I realise that Dark orange isn't going to be a good colour for those of us who took Lisa's tip and installed f.lux on our computers to make the light softer  :(

Okay, I think I've returned the relevant entries to black and added

*****CASTIING*****

to all of them.  That will have to do.

• Like 3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known tickets not to resell until about ten minutes before the performance!! Because I've been in the queue and bought them.So you may have to keep your nerve!!

It is all a bit of a rush when it's that late though!! My ten minute one was in the Stalls Circle a couple of years ago.You will probably need to have your own "cut off " time on the day when you decide that you will use the ticket after all!

Ten minutes before is cutting it fine if ticket up in Amphi!! Personally I d give it 15 mins before performance if in Amphi.

If it gets to 7pm and there is already NO queue left and its unsold still .....probably won't be that day.

Ten minutes before is cutting it fine if ticket up in Amphi!! Personally I d give it 15 mins before performance if in Amphi.

I once bought a ticket in the returns queue in row W of the amphi with 3mins to spare...

I wasn't even first in the queue - I was no.7... but I was the first person not in a couple and looking for two tickets.  In fact, the person who sold me mine was ahead of me in the queue, but had decided that if her companion couldn't get a ticket as well, then they'd both go and spend the evening doing something else.

• Like 1

Omg RuthE 3 mins to spare!! I wouldn't have the puff these days to get up to the Amphi inspite of the helpful escalator!!

MAB I think you and I know a bit about the queuing lark from YEARS ago....hope we get to meet up again before long!

• Like 1

ROH decides however, that we must wait until after the performance. So they do hold two lots of prices up until the performance. It was this part that I felt was particularly 'wrinkly', as I would imagine the person who has bought the tickets has taken over all rights, and I should be out of the process.

As I say, no drama, and a good service.

However the other issue of them holding onto my money longer is that I will be losing much more than GBP2 when it gets returned onto my card and converted back into CHF....about GBP30 based on today's developments. :(

Condolences SBF!

Apologise for the crazy decision made here today which has affected your finances already.

Perhaps if you can get ROH to hang on for another five years or so you might ...just might get it back at yesterday's value!!!

• Like 1

MAB I think you and I know a bit about the queuing lark from YEARS ago....hope we get to meet up again before long!

Does anyone else remember the 'morning of the performance' queueing outside the greasy spoon cafe in Floral Street from 6.00 am in the morning? Not to mention the fascinating conversations with the lorry drivers stopping off for breakfast after making their deliveries to the old Covent Garden Market. Or that eventual, never-ending hike up the 'servants' entrance' stairs at the side of the building to the amphitheatre for the actual performances? No way I could do that climb now. Or not without a number of stops on the way.

• Like 5

I feel so sorry for my poor mother, she just missed the re-opening and the escalator ride up to the amphi (media called it the most expensive elevator in town) we had to trudge up the stone stairs, and no I too wouldn't want to have to do that now, also remember cabbages and other stuff literally falling of the backs of the lorries late at night!

It looks like you might still be able to queue outside for day tickets in the rain though, the way I read it they will now be on sale from the small ROH shop on Russell Street, those and advance tickets, the only ones available inside the entrance will be tickets to be collected on the day and backstage tours.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if day tickets are available for the Bolshoi performances?

As the performances are sold out they are taking returns (I have recently returned some tickets) and unless they have a waiting list for returns they put them on the website; so it is worth checking website regularly.  Some showed up yesterday but got snapped up pretty quickly.