Bolshoi Covent Garden tour 2016 casting & Tickets on sale

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How terrible: I've got Alexandrova and Lantratov for Don Q :D

Thanks for posting that, SBF - I'd say you've made my day, but there are 3 months to go, so I'll wait and see what actually transpires nearer the time.

• Like 1

Well yes, I have given up trying to book casts for Bolshoi as it only leads to disappointment, so I had booked 'blind'. Anyway they are all  good and one sometimes get a great surprise.

Although I had hoped to see Chudin in that black velvet outfit again.:-)

Ok, So I've managed to book tickets for Swan Lake twice! Once on opening night (145 GBP tickets in the stalls) and once again for Zakharova! I'm now going to have to live on a budget for rest of the month!!!! (If anyone wants to swap the opening night ticket for one of the Don Quixote ones PM me!)

Ok, So I've managed to book tickets for Swan Lake twice! Once on opening night (145 GBP tickets in the stalls) and once again for Zakharova! I'm now going to have to live on a budget for rest of the month!!!! (If anyone wants to swap the opening night ticket for one of the Don Quixote ones PM me!)

I'd hold back on doing any swapping for the moment as casts may well change again closer to the day. 

• Like 1

I have bought my tickets and I am am very happy with the dates and well, the bolshoi is the bolshoi, so it will be great whatever.

May I ask though, why the Donald Gordon Grand Tier (centre) is so popular rather than the orchestra seats? Is this where the dignitaries and the great/good sit?

Probably because it's elevated, I'd guess.  It *is* a very nice view, just a bit distant :)

Glad to see the Bolshoi casting has been posted just about in time for booking, but wish the RB had been able to do the same for The Invitation.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I saw casting AFTER I had booked so I have ended up with ALL 4 DonQs - oh well only live once eh?!!!  Well I wouldn't be DonQFan if I didn't see them all!  Hope to meet some other fans while I am there.  Now to find some reasonably priced accommodation.....

• Like 2

I have bought my tickets and I am am very happy with the dates and well, the bolshoi is the bolshoi, so it will be great whatever.

May I ask though, why the Donald Gordon Grand Tier (centre) is so popular rather than the orchestra seats? Is this where the dignitaries and the great/good sit?

Yes just that bit higher up than Stalls and if I could afford it would be my preferred location, but sadly no longer.  Prince Charles likes the GT too  ;)

I sit in the Grand Tier, either to the left or right of centre and always front row. Having tried the other tiers and stalls, I find the G.T. is rather like The Three Bears' porridge, not too high or too low but just right. For me anyway. It gives just the right degree of elevation, legroom and general comfort. It is expensive but as I don't go very often now, the extra cost is worth it. I have seen several notable people from the ballet world sitting in the G.T. and choreographers seem to sit there to observe relevant performances. Although I did spot Wayne McGregor in the stalls once. It wasn't anything of his about to start and he left moments before curtain up. Perhaps he had just looked at the programme! :wacko:

Edited by Jacqueline

Not bought tickets yet as I got my fingers burnt buying blind last time. Disappointed that Osipova is absent but not surprised. Will definitely book for corsaire but not sure about anything else. Shame there are so many Swan Lakes! Thanks for putting up the casting it's very helpful.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I saw casting AFTER I had booked so I have ended up with ALL 4 DonQs - oh well only live once eh?!!!  Well I wouldn't be DonQFan if I didn't see them all!  Hope to meet some other fans while I am there.  Now to find some reasonably priced accommodation.....

The hardships you have to bear :D

I'm quite happy with the 'initial' casting - nice spread across all performances, not a lot of duplication and a lot of dancers I like.

• Like 2

I've said I musn't go 4 nights in a row but the Don Quixote casts look too good, some surprises but the Bolshoi have picked dancers I like, especially young Igor Tsvirko dancing the leads in Flames of Paris and Le Corsaire, I'm sure he will be a huge audience favourite, and Maria Alexandrova in Don Q (on my birthday), Flames of Paris and Le Corsaire!

The only negative thing for me is too many Swan Lakes, but it does give me time to rest in between, and no David Hallberg.

• Like 1

The hardships you have to bear :D

I'm quite happy with the 'initial' casting - nice spread across all performances, not a lot of duplication and a lot of dancers I like.

I agree a V good spread. Pity so many Swan Lakes as others have said...but it sells....

I've never seen or heard of Igor Tsvirko, do you think he may do a role in DonQ say like Espada, Fandango or Gypsy King?

Igor Tsvirko has featured as the Jester in Swan Lake, if I recall correctly.

I was hoping for more from Kristina Kretova on this tour.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

Very happy to see lots of Alexandrova & Lantratov :) Not so happy with the prices of the seats though (just looked online for the first time... eek! I knew it was expensive, didn't realise it'd be by that much though. I'm hoping enough of the decent cheaper seats hold out until the end of the month; so much has already sold!).

I'm less happy with the matinee casts, but that's just personal preference. I'm also surprised that Zakharova only has 2 performances.

From last year, because I honestly cannot remember, did the casting vary much from when it was announced to the actual shows?

• Like 1

I have a slightly silly and embarrassing question: I've been to the ROH quite a few times but always had to wait for ages during the interval in the queue to get some food and drinks. I noticed some people have their orders ready to pick up immediately. How does one do that?

Why is Svetlana only doing 2 shows in the entire season? She is THE main star of the Bolshoi so I don't get that?

Zakharova will be in Japan from 23 to 30 July.

Also I notice no Evgenia Obraztsova? Pity, she's one of my favourites too. I guess you can't bring all your primas on tour - or can you?

Obraztsova is pregnant.

Why is Svetlana only doing 2 shows in the entire season? She is THE main star of the Bolshoi so I don't get that?

Zakharova never danced and never will "The Flames of Paris" and "Taming of the Shrew", those ballets are not her cup of tea

Svetlana stopped dancing "Le Corsaire" as the whole ballet since while ago only does pas des deux sometimes & somewhere

What's left? Don Quixote pops out because of Japan

The one and only "Swan Lake" ... and she'll do it twice

• Like 2

Far more concerned about the absence of Osipova, a lot of people had booked under the assumption she would dance FoP and Don Q.  I wonder which AD decided the London squad, the old one or the new one?

• Like 1

Far more concerned about the absence of Osipova, a lot of people had booked under the assumption she would dance FoP and Don Q.  I wonder which AD decided the London squad, the old one or the new one?

Me too.

Despite all the promotional material both she and David Hallberg are missing from the roster :-(

Sadly also missing Merkuriev and Kaptsova.....