Tutu worn by Markova sells for £2,600

I saw this in the local paper today Tutu worn by legendary ballerina sells for £2,600 at Stourbridge auction. The auction house is across the road from where I work, and had I known about this sale I would have gone. There were several lots with connections to Markova - the catalogue is here A quick look reveals lots 675 to 706 are the ones of most interest to the readers of the board.

This is the same auction house which a couple of years ago sold the tennis dress from the famous Athena poster.

• Like 1

I saw this in the local paper today Tutu worn by legendary ballerina sells for £2,600 at Stourbridge auction. The auction house is across the road from where I work, and had I known about this sale I would have gone. There were several lots with connections to Markova - the catalogue is here A quick look reveals lots 675 to 706 are the ones of most interest to the readers of the board.

That's a shame Trog, as Janet mentioned that the sale was coming up on the Fonteyn tutu thread. Sorry you didn't see it.

Edited by cavycapers