JA Auditions

swanprincess

so this would mean august 2017. she will be still ten. so that would be ok? sorry to be so slow about this.

Yes. If she'll be 10 on August 31st 2017 she'll still be a JA for that year starting in September 2017. I know because my friend's dd is born on 1st Sept and we had to find out the details to see which year she'd fit! Think of it as school years - JAs go up to year 6. Then year 7 are MAs.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your DD is currently in Year 4 at school, then she is applying for a Year 5 JA place from September, when she will join Year 5 at school. In this case she could apply next year for a Year 6 place.

If she is currently in Year 5 at school, then she is applying for a Year 6 JA place this year and could apply for a MA place next year.

Hope that helps!

During year 5 she would audition for a year 6 place, once she's in year 6 she's too old to audition for JAs. Hope this helps - I know I find it easier to think in term of school year rather than age! Sadly no more JA audition opportunities for us but she's an Elmhurst associate which she loves, so no huge disappointment. I do however feel the pain of all those no's.

thats pretty wonderful!

Thank you! She got a place last year and it's been really lovely - it's a very warm and happy environment. I'm almost relieved (although a rejection is never nice) that it was a no from Royal this year as given her loyalty to Elmhurst (and love for it), it would have been a very difficult choice and I really don't think she would have done both.

Don't forget all, after JA's, there's MA's so still opportunity to audition.  It is tougher though as there are less centres that offer mid associate classes.  Saying that, some people will be off to vocational schools.  Good luck to the London auditionees today, hope you hear soon x

• Like 2

Hi - First post today!My DD received a yes for Manchester Year 4. We are both so excited for it to start. Well done to all the other "Yes" so far and hugs to the "Not yets" xxx

Hello Popsballet3 and welcome to the Forum!  Congratulations to your DD.

Good luck to everyone waiting...and remember if its a no its not a no forever its just a not right now.  My daughter has been a JA since year 4 in Leeds and it is such a wonderful experience for them.  She's only got 2 weeks left in Year 6 JA's.  If you think this is bad wait until you audition for vocational schools :wacko: I feel your pain!

Edited by discomonkfish
  • Like 3

I know! You can't help hoping but trying to be realistic.

Looks like we were wrong with our Thursday predictions then...rather glad I have a busy day tomorrow so no time to keep checking...

Good luck to everyone, let's hope we are put out of our misery soon... :wacko:

• Like 2

I feel exactly the same @sparkle123 ! My youngest DD doesn't really understand it all , whereas my oldest DD when we went for her sisters audition was very excited - wanted all the memorabilia etc ????

So with that in mind and the fact she took a toilet break we are very much expecting a no ! But I guess there is a glimmer of hope given her teacher recommended she go along ... Would be nice to know , sooner rather than later :s

• Like 1

Congratulations to those with a yes, commiserations to those with a no and fingers crossed to those on the waiting list or still waiting to hear.

My son was on the waiting list (gosh, was it really 14 years ago), was offered a place in the July, went to White Lodge, then Elmhurst and became a professional dancer - there's always hope.

Some with a no now will still go on to be professional dancers, and some will find other things that they are talented at instead. My youngest son was on the waiting list, didn't get a place and eventually gave up dance and is now at uni; daughter was a JA, didn't get MAs but danced competitively and is now a rugby playing vet student!

Thinking of you all

• Like 14