London Afternoon Tea for a special birthday?

Jan McNulty

The Wallace Collection in Manchester Square is a really nice environment to eat in and I can check next week whether they do a special afternoon tea or just the usual so to speak.....if this is not too late already.

Also was wondering about the Sky Garden. Do they do anything special in the afternoon or just regular fare.

If it's a really special treat why not do the ROH one or the Ritz?

Edited by LinMM

If the theatre where they are seeing the matinee is at the Covent Garden end of the West End rather than the Piccadilly Circus end, the Savoy would be more conveniently located than either the Ritz or Fortnum's.  I've had their afternoon tea many moons ago and it was lovely.

If you're planning ahead are a cat lover there is Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium - London's first cat café - believe there is a long waiting list.  I've not been but non-dd wanted to go which is how I've heard about it.  - Whilst googling I noticed other Cat Cafe's in other cities.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Wallace Collection in Manchester Square is a really nice environment to eat in and I can check next week whether they do a special afternoon tea or just the usual so to speak.....if this is not too late already.

Also was wondering about the Sky Garden. Do they do anything special in the afternoon or just regular fare.

If it's a really special treat why not do the ROH one or the Ritz?

The Wallace Collection is absolutely brilliant - was introduced to it by non-dancing d who had been there on a school trip. Its a great place to while away a few hours instead of hanging round Pineapple or whatever. Free admission, fabulous paintings and delish food (the cheeseboard is to die for).

• 2 weeks later...

Adding on to this but not in London had tea and cakes at the Fourteas in Stratford upon Avon yesterday - my nieces Hen Party.  Bit of a play on words as it's all decorated out in Forties/blitz style.  I'm new to the tea and cake game but it was £14.00/head for tea, sandwiches and a selection of cakes..  Stratford was absolutely heaving and the tea room was very busy but i thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  in Sheep Street and spitting distance of the Theatre.

• Like 2

Had a message from my friend's daughter last night.  We are going to The Savoy!

Do let us know what it was like, Janet.  I have promised to take a friend out for afternoon tea to celebrate a special birthday.  I've been to a couple  of places (including the Ritz), but would be interested to hear how you enjoy the Savoy.

• Like 1

Do let us know what it was like, Janet.  I have promised to take a friend out for afternoon tea to celebrate a special birthday.  I've been to a couple  of places (including the Ritz), but would be interested to hear how you enjoy the Savoy.

It's not till the end of May, but I will report back!

• 3 weeks later...

52 pounds + 12.5% tip? It would have to be REALLY special... I would hope the food and service should be fabulous!

Well I got treated too as it happens but if I had had to pay my share I really would not have felt ripped off!