Private Ballet Lessons

Primaballerina1

Hi all DD has requested private ballet lessons as a part of her birthday presents this year - though not till May. Her teacher isn't too keen on giving her private lessons and we don't want to ask again and risk making her feel as though we think she isn't doing enough (if that makes sense) Despite this DD is still really keen to have a few lessons one to one so we are looking into having some with a seperate teacher, we will of course inform her teacher about this and make sure she is comfortable about it. However, we aren't really sure who would be best for them. DD is 12 turning 13 and is Grade 4 and 5 ballet ISTD. Does anyone know any teacher that they could recommend for DD?? Thanks in advance

Edited by Primaballerina1

I think it would depend with whom she took private lessons.  I think you should talk to your teacher and really try and understand what she feels about it.  I am not a great believer in private lessons unless it's to work one on one on a variation or a specific technical problem.  You might have a real clash of opinions and unless there's complete co-operation between teachers, it might not give her any benefit.  Would it not be better to use the money for a spring or summer course for her?   Having said all that someone like Nicola above sounds an ideal person to give her privates, but still I do think you need to get your own teacher's approval first. 

• Like 1