Richard Alston Dance Company: An Italian in Madrid bill, London, March 2016

Foteini Christofilopoulou was at the rehearsal of Richard Alston Dance Company's 'An Italian in Madrid' at Sadlers Wells.
Here are some sample photos...

25860131580_539e43f8a9_z.jpg

Sharia Johnson,  Oihana Vesga Bujan, Jennifer Hayes
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

25860007180_5676b944da_z.jpg

Vidya Patel, Oihana Vesga Bujan, Elly Braund, Nancy Nerantzi

25860010230_798db05aed_z.jpg

Liam Riddick, Vidya Patel

See more...
Set from DanceTabs: Richard Alston Dance Company - An Italian in Madrid

• Like 1

Saw this last night at Sadlers Wells. What a terrific program and what superb dancers - totally deserving of the reviews they're receiving. I'd go again tonight if there was another performance. If I had to pick a highlight it would be the new An Italian in Madrid in which the Alston dancers were joined by the exquisite Vidya Patel. A harmonious mix of music and movement - no expensive staging or fancy lighting only wonderful choreography and beautiful costumes. Some of the pieces are still touring - go see ! 

• Like 1

Hmm, you can certainly see which one's Vidya Patel from the top picture, can't you?

I didn't even know this was on - and I've missed it :(  I guess that's what happens when Sadler's Wells starts providing annoying fold-out leaflets rather than the previous season brochure - it's not been the first time since the beginning of the year :(  And yes, Anna, they are certainly on tour, but they're not doing the same programme everywhere, as far as I can see.

• 1 month later...

I'm missing the Ballet Association dinner to go and see them in Wimbledon - at least, unless anything else gets in the way, which may well happen the way things are at the moment :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, having finally managed to locate and retrieve this thread, I have to thank anna for reminding me this was on.  Burning (to Lizst) and An Italian in Madrid were both absolute delights: the former was the perfect length for its subject, and the latter seemed far too short for my liking.  That said, I think it was about the same length as Nomadic, which to my mind outstayed its welcome a bit.

An Italian ... is included in the tour in the summer and autumn: I'd strongly advise you to catch it if it's on in your neck of the woods.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...