Ballett/Opera Zürich 2016/2017 season

Here is the booklet announcing the next Season.

https://issuu.com/opernhauszuerich/docs/saisonbuch_16-17?e=1450767/34520812

Anna Karenina (Spuck) is back, 

Another chance to see Swan Lake

Premieres

New Creation by Christian Spuck Messa de Requiem based upon Verdi's work.

New pieces by Douglas Lee and Filipe Portugal

Quintet by Forsythe

Kammerballett by Hans Van Manen

New Piece by Jacapo Gadani

This maybe interesting for many modern followers...I will be frequenting Munich for more classical works (outside of Swan Lake and Anna Karenina, ) I will watch everything once, but I fear it may not inspire me...missing classical repertoire or at least a Balanchine or two.

Edited by SwissBalletFan

SwissBalletFan, you forgot a new Stravinsky evening with two creations: Petruschka by Marco Goecke and Sacre by Edward Clug

Thank you Angela, indeed I did. 

Though, I love Clug's sense of style and his classy choreographies, there is nothing that could make me watch a piece (new or otherwise) of Goecke's arm twitching ballets.

Edited by SwissBalletFan

I love Goecke's works, and Clug also. Maybe you should try again? The "twitching" is in fact very interesting - and very musical. It may take some time, but I've seen people get addicted to Goecke who until then thought ballet must be Swan Lake or Balanchine...

I love Goecke's works, and Clug also. Maybe you should try again? The "twitching" is in fact very interesting - and very musical. It may take some time, but I've seen people get addicted to Goecke who until then thought ballet must be Swan Lake or Balanchine...

:) I take your point, and will certainly watch it with an Open mind. I do see more in Ballet than Swan Lake or Balanchine, but I am a fan of balanced repertoire with some pieces that introduce new ideas, however I think at least 2 pieces of classical should be included for pure pleasure :)