Most Memorable (Dance) Moments?

DancingtoDance

Moderaters, if this thread is not appropriate on 'Doing Dance', please move.

Any wonderful, embarrassing, 'oh!', learning, etc moments?

I remember once where foolishly, I didn't tie my ribbons properly and some time into the performance my ribbons untied themselves! I was embarrassed at the moment (I think - it was in Year 9 whereas I'm now in Year 11 so quite a while ago) but not for the whole performance.

Any other memorable moments?

• Like 1

While dancing at the Moulin Rouge ,although very short sighted,I still  at the age of 19 ,hadn`t got around to wearing contact lenses. I used to have to wear my glasses to apply my make up,and then kind of half blindly do my thing on stage. Except for one day ,when I literally didn`t see the end of the stage and fell off,almost on to a Japanese tourists lap. A few months later ,in Japan and still no lenses. At the finale of the show on the first night I didn`t see the line on the stage we had to stand behind.The curtain came down on top of me. I was standing there,trying to fight my way out of the curtain. A large part of the audience burst out laughing. Talk about humiliating. I had contact lenses fitted not long after that !

• Like 4

While dancing in a number called "Spring Romance" at the Harlow theatre back in the 80's just before our number there had been a terrific thunderstorm with torrential rain.

We ran on stage to take our places when suddenly these huge drips started falling onto the stage from the roof somewhere and we spent the whole number not daring to make eye contact less we should collapse into hysterical giggles at the irony of it.

• Like 1

Moderaters, if this thread is not appropriate on 'Doing Dance', please move.

Any wonderful, embarrassing, 'oh!', learning, etc moments?

I remember once where foolishly, I didn't tie my ribbons properly and some time into the performance my ribbons untied themselves! I was embarrassed at the moment (I think - it was in Year 9 whereas I'm now in Year 11 so quite a while ago) but not for the whole performance.

Any other memorable moments?

Same thing happened to DD a few years ago during her school's show. She managed to wriggle her foot free and put in a graceful kick, sending the shoe flying into the wings lol

• Like 1

One of my most memorable moments of my children dancing was the WL summer fair where my son and his classmates were doing the sword dance complete with metal swords, with thunder and lightening going on in the background. They moved indoors for the next performance :-)

• Like 3

Another moment was not me dancing but a group of children from a primary school class (year 3) who I had taught a dance from South America and they were wearing bowler type hats for it.

We had only practiced in the school hall before and this was for the school summer fete which was to,be held in the playground.

On the day of the fete it was really windy. At the end of the Dance they were supposed to take their hats off and throw dramatically into the centre of a circle they had to form......which they loved doing...Well because of the wind first one child's hat blew off then another and then another and so on so they spent the whole dance running after their hats ready to do the dramatic ending ......but the dance by degrees turning into this hilarious comedy.

And after all that practice!

• Like 1

A few years ago we had a costume that had a skin coloured panel between the skirt and the top with stretch sequins running in between the 2. Stick on bras had just become a thing and with the varying designs of our costumes they seemed like a great idea. We had a rehearsal for the quick changes of a particular section in the show, the first rehearsal had a few minor hiccups missing headdresses etc the second run through we were all much much warmer/sweaty. Everyone's stick on bras had dislodged themselves but we had all wriggled enough to keep them pretty much in the right place or discreetly managed to pull them off and throw to our changers- apart from my poor best friend who now had 2 stick on cups lodged in the flesh coloured panel around her middle!

• Like 3