THOSE Dance Mums = help!

annaliesey

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Annaliesey, your post cracks me up! What, in the name of whoever, are "advanced ankles"? Does this mean that other people's ankles are only "intermediate" or, heaven forfend "remedial"?

Honestly, you just have to feel sorry for these rather small-minded people don't you? Although it takes a tough skin for the jibes not hurt a little bit.

The urgent text is a great excuse. Good luck with surviving.

Actually I am so gullible that I thought from her comment that advanced ankles was quite possibly a thing! Like they had to be trained up somehow to a certain strength or something. In my subconscious I must have imagined little dumbbell weights being lifted or some kind of ankle associate Masterclasses. Graded ankles! Haha

I also heard not that long ago that someone's dd had such strong ankles that she broke a pair of pointe shoes trying them on in the shop and the mum refused to pay ... I just say "oh right" and have no comment to offer at all :)

• Like 3

Well if you want eye watering embarrassing ballet mum stories

Last autumn during an impromptu watching week (only mum there THANK GOD) I got stuck half in half out of my superdry hoodie whilst waiting around in changing room (was a pull off one, no zip, just needed that extra oomph to get over shoulder blades) but one of the kids spotted me and before I could stop it, it had gone and got DD's dance teacher to help me.

*oh for GOODNESS SAKE! She said

and she wrenched it over my head with such force she jammed my nose right back into the cavity of my face that my top two front teeth were throbbing with pain so badly I thought they were going to fall out.

So yeah, afterward eyes waterering and beetroot red I beheld the class.

Hehe that's awful :(

• Like 1

It's never going to happen. We should unite and collate under the title of "the undancey dance mums" however.

Yes!! I'll get us little lilac badges with "UDM" on them so we just talk only to club members. Perhaps we could have a funny handshake :)

• Like 1

I am an UD mum. Not afraid to admit it. God..one of my top front teeth is sticking out a lot more nowadays and I thought it was just my wisdom teeth but looking back..........? Was it UD mum hoodie antics? Maybe this train of thought is for another thread/time though.

• Like 1

Along with quite a few others (big show, loads of quick changes) I was a dogsbody 'parent chaperone' for a dance show that dd was in a few years ago. The rivalry and oneupmanship between some of the mums in the dressing rooms was unbelievable.

In the middle of a performance - and fortunately all the kids were on stage - I literally had to step in and break up a fight between two other mums because one had accused the other of pinching her dc's costume out of their dressing room. Turned out that the wardrobe lady had taken it away and was making running repairs!

• Like 2

Yes of course! Tell us your stories of bragging and pushy dance parents/grandparents :)

Sorry, I don't have any. As a ballet Dad, we have to pretend that all this is under suffrance. Sometimes we talk about cars, or wine, but never ballet - it's the rules!

(I do get some second-hand stories from DW, but I forget most of them. None of them are as juicy as those here, though)

Edited by thewinelake
  • Like 5

Along with quite a few others (big show, loads of quick changes) I was a dogsbody 'parent chaperone' for a dance show that dd was in a few years ago. The rivalry and oneupmanship between some of the mums in the dressing rooms was unbelievable.

In the middle of a performance - and fortunately all the kids were on stage - I literally had to step in and break up a fight between two other mums because one had accused the other of pinching her dc's costume out of their dressing room. Turned out that the wardrobe lady had taken it away and was making running repairs!

Haha that reminds me of a scrap I had to try and stop once concerning fairy wings :)

• Like 2

I am an UD mum. Not afraid to admit it. God..one of my top front teeth is sticking out a lot more nowadays and I thought it was just my wisdom teeth but looking back..........? Was it UD mum hoodie antics? Maybe this train of thought is for another thread/time though.

This does sound like an UD mum equivalent of Mr Bean :)

• Like 1

I always find it amusing when the parent makes out that they have no interest in their child dancing and that dance is such an inconvenience then their child drops into conversation that their"non-pushy" parent has had them practice every spare minute and they have even argued over practice. Then you also see them butt kissing at the studio bring pressies for the teacher.

• Like 4