A Levels & dance training

As someone has already mentioned, maybe it would be worthwhile enquiring about Centrepointe (Denton, Manchester) and KS Dance (Warrington) if the north-west is the area of choice for you and if those areas are do-able. Those schools have great track records and may be able to advise re whether they could put together a training programme in the areas of dance your DD wants and needs for MT training which could fit in with A levels at a 'normal' (sorry, I mean as opposed to vocational!) school or sixth form college of her choice. They may even have information about schools/colleges close by, where possibly other students of theirs have studied for A levels, which might mean less of a trip for your DD daily.

Alternatively, would it be possible for your DD to access dance training at her former school, or to see if that school and several others in the area can get together and suggest a programme of classes for her to keep up the dance training whilst going to your local school or sixth form college to do A levels?

• Like 1

If your DD is wishing to wait until she is 18 because her preferred colleges only take from 18, perhaps you have a third option, given where she currently studies. She could always apply for the 2 year drama btec course and A levels, providing she is still able to access some dance training. I presume vocal coaching would not be an issue. There are students who do this course before going to MT and dance colleges at 18 - they don't all go on to study drama. I know your DD currently has quite a long commute - remember she could get accommodation mon-fri if she wished and doing a level 3 qualification, I think she would be able to claim housing benefit (it goes on her income - not yours). Looking at other colleges too - on a part time boarding prospect- might open up further options. One of DDs friends boards mon-fri at a dance college near Leeds, does a variety of dance styles and loads of performance opportunities and she will be auditioning for colleges at 18.

• Like 1