School/Class recommendations East Sussex

Squeaky

for what age and experience level?

Legat at St Bede's do associate classes (at the upper school in Upper Dicker).

If you can make it to Lewes / Brighton I would recommend Judy Breen above all others we have tried in the area (she does classes in Patcham, Lewes and Hurstpierpoint), Russian Vaganova training...

• Like 1

Hello stillatit,

I see you have mentioned this new Associate scheme in three separate threads.  If you have a commercial involvement in this scheme could I please ask you to add a signature to your profile in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy?

"Commerce There is no bar to people representing commercial ventures from signing up to BalletcoForum with a view to spreading information about their wares or offering relevant services. 

That said, we are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’. Nor will we allow vendors to use BalletcoForum as their shopfront: if you have a selling business you should use your own website for trade and market testing, not this one.

Members who have commercial interests must indicate that by adding a Signature line to their postings, stating the name and type of their business and giving their website and/or business email address for enquiries. (You set up a Signature via My Settings in the dropdown menu under your name.) If members wish to contact businesses, associate schemes or other commercial enterprises this should be done via the vendor’s website or email, not by starting threads on the forum.

Problems arising over transactions entered into between members are not the responsibility of BalletcoForum."

Please note that I have hidden one of your posts where it is off-topic from the subject of the thread.  It is not permitted to post the same item on multiple threads.

• Like 2

Can only echo Celb with regards to Judy Breen

I'm afraid I don't think Legat have an associate scheme. They stopped it in DD's last year and I can't see from their web page that they've reinstated it.  

There is also the Brighton Ballet School at Hove - again can recommend this institute.

Welcome to East Sussex 

• Like 1

Can also highly recommend Judy Breen and also the Brighton Ballet School....the latter have classes at Brighton and Hove sixth form college studio which is in Brighton near to the Seven Dials area though there is also a studio called ACT which is in Hove opposite the big Tesco on the main drag between Brighton and Hove.

Judy teaches Vaganova style and has a website under the name of the Hampton Academy.

Brighton Ballet School teaches all the grades of British Ballet Organisation to both children and Adults(separate classes!!)

For younger students there are also some smaller schools who teach more the RAD syllabus. If you google ballet in Brighton and Eastbourne all these schools should come up.

• Like 2