Bolshoi summer intensive CT

theodore

Hi Forum Friends, my DS has won a scholarship to study at The Bolshoi Summer Intensive from the 18th of July, are any of your dancing children attending? as I am having sleepless nights worrying about him traveling there alone at 14. The Bolshoi expect the international children to make their own transfer arrangements. I am fine with the plane part as he would be able to use unaccompanied kids, but the thought of him looking out for a taxi driver with his name on a card and then the 2 hour drive to CT is a step too far for me. DS would be devastated if I won't let him take up such a wonderful opportunity. If any of you are attending and could share the on wards journey I would feel much happier. Here's hoping!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Theodore,

If i were you I would ask on the USA ballet site (ballet talk for dancers) which has specific threads for who is attending pretty much every SI there is! you may be able to find either international or USA attendees who he could make an arrangement to hook up with at the airport. Many may have a parent with them... Alternatively I would ask the organisers if they can put you in touch with other students/families arriving at the same airport. For this younger cohort they may be assuming the DCs are all coming accompanied and not put that much thought into unaccompanied children but I'm sure they may be able to be a bit more helpful if necessary... It doesn't seem to be all that great tbh- when DS went to SIs at the Kirov they were picked up and dropped back to the airport if they were international. I tend to agree with you that 14 is a little young to negotiate a foreign airport alone- my DS didn't start doing this until 15 and by then he had already made the trip several times accompanied (sorry, not meaning to worry you more- after all many DCs are quite competent at that age!)

hope this helps...

• Like 1