Easter dance courses

Lemongirl

Dd is worried about doing the Central one now as we think the other attendees might all be associates or full time students and she isn't.  Not sure what to do, I'm sure she will benefit from the high standard of teaching but I don't want her to be out of her depth.

Dd is worried about doing the Central one now as we think the other attendees might all be associates or full time students and she isn't. Not sure what to do, I'm sure she will benefit from the high standard of teaching but I don't want her to be out of her depth.

I really wouldn't worry. The school will put each child in an appropriate standard class. There will be plenty who aren't at full time school or associates. It's natural to have worries as we want these things to be a positive experience. If your daughter is planning on auditioning for full time schools at 16, it's also a very good way of her guaging her standard against others, so she knows what she has to do to stand a chance against the competition.

Dd is worried about doing the Central one now as we think the other attendees might all be associates or full time students and she isn't. Not sure what to do, I'm sure she will benefit from the high standard of teaching but I don't want her to be out of her depth.

My dd did Central course a number of years ago. There was a mix of dancers from across the board, non vocational, associates and vocational.

Edited by Jane

Does anyone know if MIDAS are running anything over the Easter holidays? I did have a quick look on their site but it had nothing listed under their courses section but wasn't sure if the website is just not kept up to date or whether they actually have nothing coming up? Anyway I'm sure I remember one of their teachers being a member on here so thought I'd ask.

As a side note, it would be nice to have the option of a day long course instead of always being 3,4 or 5 days as not everyone can afford residential courses on every holiday!! So a day long course or workshop would be a great cheaper alternative for those on a budget but wanting to break up the holidays!!

• Like 1

£40 Primaballerina - you pay via the website's 'online payment'.

http://www.centralschoolofballet.co.uk/ssccourseoutline.php

Normally for a dance day at Central, there is an additional £5 payable on the day if a parent wishes to watch. That is detailed on their dance days tab, although this set of dance days appear in a different section of the website so it will probably be different. The normal dance days are only aged 12+ and worth keeping an eye out for.

• Like 1

Dd is worried about doing the Central one now as we think the other attendees might all be associates or full time students and she isn't.  Not sure what to do, I'm sure she will benefit from the high standard of teaching but I don't want her to be out of her depth.

My dd did Central two years ago, when she was 13, not an associate or a full time student. She had a fantastic time, there was a real mix of students and she didn't feel at all out of her depth- just challenged in a really positive way.

Anyone know how much the day of dance at central is for 11-13 year olds??

My dd went to this a few years ago, probably when she was about 12. From what I remember they did ballet, pointe, contemporary and musicality. I think a lot of the dancers there were approaching audition age. However, all age and level of the experience was valued and taken into account. I took the opportunity to watch, some of the girls were so talented, it was a joy to watch.

Is Malvern residential?

The Dance Forward one looks good but we are away over the Easter weekend.  Ideally we're looking for the week of 4th April.  Dd's teacher has said no to the Central one so we'll have to look for something else.  I am waiting to hear back from the London Ballet Company about theirs but there is no phone number and they haven't responded to my email.