ROH Lucia di Lammermoor

A frog

I'm guessing they want to avoid a re-run of the bad publicity surrounding Guillaume Tell, I've earlier received an email warning me that as we get closer to the premiere they can confirm it is a Katie Mitchell production there will be sexual and violent content, and they point out that they have updated the production page to include a warning.

I'm going on the 11 April, I'll see then.

I think it's a bit strange that it's taken them until now to issue a "content warning", if they were going to do so at all.

(I also note that the page on their website for Boris Godunov (which opens tonight) contains a statement that it's not suitable for under 12s.  I wonder if that was already there when booking opened... not being under 12 myself I wouldn't have taken any notice!)

I think it's a bit strange that it's taken them until now to issue a "content warning", if they were going to do so at all.

(I also note that the page on their website for Boris Godunov (which opens tonight) contains a statement that it's not suitable for under 12s.  I wonder if that was already there when booking opened... not being under 12 myself I wouldn't have taken any notice!)

They seldom seem to issue 'content' warnings until shortly before the opening night. I am sure that the same thing happened a few years ago for Arthur Pita's God's Garden in the Linbury.