Cathy Cassidy Chocolate Box Girls Summer's Dream

meadowblythe

Just wondering if any of you have a DD (or DS!) who have read this: here's the blurb

The next scrumptious story in Cathy Cassidy's Chocolate Box Girls series.

Summer has always dreamed of dancing, and when a place at ballet school comes up, she wants it so badly it hurts.

Middle school ends and the holidays begin, but unlike her sisters, Summer has no time for lazy days and sunny beach parties. The audition becomes her obsession, and things start spiralling out of control . . .

The more Summer tries to find perfection, the more lost she becomes. Will she realise - with the help of the boy who wants more than friendship - that dreams come in all shapes and sizes?

From what I can gather it touches on annorexia but no doubt all ends happily (well, it is Cathy Cassidy). Thinking of ordering a copy for our school library but any input much appreciated.

Meadowblythe

I don't know this author's books really but if anyone lives near Gloucester she is signing books at DD1s school fete on 7th July. DD1 is too old for them and not in to girly books but maybe dancing DD might enjoy this one. PM if you want the address as don't know if I can post it. Get your birthday books signed! I have been told that the books are for Y6/Y7 ish age maybe Y8 too perhaps.

Thanks Regattah. She may do - difficult to know, isn't it! Her favourite books at the moment are Louise Rennison's Georgia Nicholson books (Angus Thongs etc.) but she's read them all about 500 times!

Anyone know of any similar series she might like?

Does she like history? There's a "Diary of" series on Amazon that my daughters enjoyed. Also some of Lorna Hills books are back in paper back. I don't know if the Drina dances series is though.

• Like 1

Spanner - has she read the Cat Royal books by Julia Goulding? Cat is an orphan girl who grows up in Drury Lane theatre in the 1790's. There are at least 6 books in the series, all brilliantly researched following Cat's adventures with some interesting performance details thrown in. We've all really enjoyed them (yes that's including me, I'm a sucker for a good children's book)

• Like 2