Buying 1st pair of pointe shoes - North West

Tuco123

She got the Bloch Heritage. They really do look stunning on her, we took them to ballet class this evening and got approval from both her teachers (phew!)

She is absolutely thrilled with them...I'm certainly going to have to crack on with all the pointe shoe prep this week otherwise I'll never hear the end of it!

• Like 7

Lovely shoe, two of my girls have those. One has been wearing them for so long we just ring ahead and ask them to put her size to one side. One of the fitters still makes her try half a dozen other shoes in case something else is more magical, before admitting that she did a wonderful job the first time round!

• Like 1

My DD also wears the Bloch Heritage.  She was fitted for them last August and we went back to the same shop in Bristol last week.  She was fitted in the next size up but the fitter still checked her with a number of other shoes, being her second pair, to ensure they were still the best shoe for her.  You've guessed it, she ended up with the Heritage again and now muggins is bruising her fingers, yet again, darning them etc (her MA teacher prefers darning to the handy stick-on pads, just as well my grandmother taught me how to do mine when I was a teenager some years ago!).  Tuco, I hope your daughter enjoys wearing them as much as my DD does :-)

The fitter actually said that the heritage may not always be the shoe for her because over time the more pointe work she does, the more muscle she will build in her feet and so her shape may change. She advised always trying on multiple pairs at future fittings just to be certain.

Yes I also have to darn....the teacher prefers it (also I think it looks better). Of course I've never done it before so I've watched some YouTube videos to help me. I'm scared lol!

It sounds like you have found a good fitter there!

Don't worry too much about the darning being immaculate, it doesn't have to be neat as it's there to improve grip - as long as you don't prick yourself with the needle and bleed all over it you'll be fine!  :)

• Like 1