RIP Sir George Martin

Jan McNulty

Sir George Martin, the record producer who recognised the Beatles talent and signed them to their record label, has passed away at the age of 90.

Of course, he was so much more than the man who signed the Beatles and worked closely with, among others, Shirley Bassey.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends at this sad time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35761464

• Like 2

A true genius of the age....how amazing that the stars were aligned when the Beatles walked into Abbey Road studios and GM was there to sign them and produce them. I wonder if they would have been as amazing without him! I am very glad that he had such a long and happy life. RIP Sir George, and thank you for the music.

• Like 2

My mum was forever trying to get me to listen to The Beatles when I was a teenager. I was having none of it. Far too interested in Culture Club,and The Specials,Madness,etc. I "found" them ,quite by chance,while I was living in Japan. The little town we were living in had a record shop. Hardly any Western music was on sale,but all The Beatles albums were,together with the two "Greatest Hits" albums [i know that`s not what they`re called]. The one with hits from 1962 -1966 and the second one from 1967-1970. I bought every album.Still have them all, on cassette; all the songs printed on the sleeves written in Japanese. They changed me and my relationship with music forever. I was astounded at what I was listening to. I was also really shocked at just how many of the songs i already knew. My all time hero is Paul.When he eventually dies I will be in bits.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...