Pointe shoes for low arches

Flora

This may be an impossible question but does anyone with more of a clue on pointe shoes than me have any tips for a good brand to make the best of low arches, where it can still sometimes be a struggle to get up onto the box. DD's feet look far nicer in Freed than Bloch but they're not brilliant (and last no time at all so are costing me a fortune!) Thank you

Low arches (under the foot) or low instep (top of the foot)?

For low-ish insteps, I'd recommend Freed Classic Pro - you can extend their life with jet glue. In Bloch, you might find Jetstreams or Hannah work well. Anything with a shorter vamp is helpful as it can stop the shoes pulling you back off the platform.

Thank you. I think she is in a size 2 Freed professional with a cut vamp so perhaps that is the same thing. She does shellac and rotate the shoes but they still only last a few goes before she has to use them as soft blocks. 

There are Classic Pro and Studio Pro at Freed - so worth checking which she's in. What's not lasting? The box, or shank? Certain makers make more heavyweight boxes or shoes that are stronger than others in the Classics, and you can request a harder shank. Studios are machine made so aren't subject to quirks of a particular maker like the handmade Classics - but they are a stronger shoe so your dd may have more trouble getting fully over.

• Like 1

Thanks Taxi4ballet. Only Bloch and Freed. Perhaps we do need to try something else as Bloch look ugly on her feet (so she hates them) and even the strongest Freed we can find last two minutes (so I am not too keen on them!)....