ROH 2012/2013 booking period 1 experiences

Trying again, oddly enough there were some for Nutcracker. Not for anything else that I could see.

I don't think they release everything as it goes live. I was trying for events in the Clore. There was nothing there at 10am but some seats appeared 5 or 10 minutes later.

I had lots of problems. Clicking on some links just produced the page "sorry there is a fault, would you like to report it" (clicking the back button and trying again usually resolved after 2-3 goes).

The time left on the basket seemed fairly random, and I managed to time out, losing nearly all my decent tickets.

So did in smaller batches - but once the basket decided to lop off the 2 most recent additions, which meant the totals didn't match during the payment process - so it canceled the lot, which was infuriating.

And because I'd gotten myself in a tiswas, and the notification mails not forthcoming, wasn't sure whether or not I have now double booked for some shows, whilst missing out on some I meant to book!

Mind you, not many tickets left in my fave spots anyway (which is predictable really). So watch out, I'll be on te lookout for spares!! :-)

Edited by zxDaveM

Email confirmations are obviously coming through with a significant delay: the later one of mine, which I did just before noon, only came through an hour ago. It must be very frustrating if you're not sure your payment was processed properly, although presumably if you have a booking number that will be confirmation.

I booked a couple fine then went back to book another. I went right through to the last stage before getting an error - no idea whether I got it or not. It said to email or phone so I emailed - doubtless one of many that they may get to eventually!

Still no email confirmation after 6 hours - I've gone back to the website and all it says is "You have no recent orders or the order code is wrong."

Phoned boxoffice after 24 hours and was assured that I had my ticket. Have not had a confirmation e-mail after 48 hours!

If anyone can help me : I feel a bit lost on the ROH website : where can you see the opening days for general booking for ballet evenings that are not yet on the calendar ?

You are not alone! This page of booking details is useless. It wouldn't be too much for them to have a clear listing of dates for booking for the various booking periods. For what it's worth I've emailed them about it via their contact page.

Phoned boxoffice after 24 hours and was assured that I had my ticket. Have not had a confirmation e-mail after 48 hours!

I booked a ticket on 10th July in the afternoon and have never received a confirmation, I E-mailed them and have been told the order has completed, so just await the ticket in the post now.

I booked a ticket on 10th July in the afternoon and have never received a confirmation, I E-mailed them and have been told the order has completed, so just await the ticket in the post now.

Same here - no confirmation at all. Lets see how much of what I think i booked, will arrive Saturday/Monday in the post. Certainly not up on my listing in the ROH website of what I'm going to be seeing

I

I also phoned them, first time was told it would be here in two hours( it wasn't) and then this morning when still not here got a very helpful lady who sent me it via her computer which wasn't part of the automated system. No problem booking on line at all but lengthy waits in phone queue for queries and yes Anne the music is wonderful just wish they could improve the quality in some places(assuming it wasn't my phoneline).

Edited by akh

This page http://www.roh.org.uk/seasons/2012-13 shows next season: if you click on the individual productions, you can find out what the booking dates are for them.

Thank you, but it doesn't show all productions, it doesn't have for example the Firebird/In the night/Raymonda program or the Ashton one (but it has Onegin, this makes no sense to me). I really can't understand why you cannot find on the website a calendar of the full season with all dates for all productions, and a link to the production with the opening dates for booking. It doesn't make any sense to have such an effective booking system and not this function, which seems basic to me.

(sorry for the rant)

• Like 2

I booked 2 tickets on Tuesday evening. No problems with the actual booking though like some other people I think the colour coding of seats leaves something to be desired. In particular there are 2 shades of blue that look identical. it would help if when you hovered your mouse over the seat it gave the price as well as seat number.

Still haven't had my email confirmation (2 days later). Am going to email the site as I have a reference number. While I was logged on I did go on something like 'forthcoming visits'? and that did list the 2 tickets I thought I hd booked so hopefully it did go through but it would be nice to know!

I never received a confirmation email and did not even get a reference number of a couple of bookings but all of them showed up in "your upcoming events" including an accidental duplicate (it had told me the booking had failed so I'd booked again). I emailed the box office who cancelled the duplicate and confirmed that if it shows in "upcoming" then it is booked.

Alas, my computer chose this critical moment to have a nervous breakdown, and by the time I was able to get to the website all The Wind in the Willows performances I could have attended were either sold out or with unattractive seats. So that plan's gone west. Clearly it wasn't meant to be.

Do keep an eye on your financial statements - I have been charged twice for what I though was a pain free booking.

Me too. But my payment process wasn't pain free: I had to reload the final page and I even received two confirmation texts from my bank. I was confident everything was going to be resolved very soon, anyway wrote to the box office to point it out: I had a gentle reply saying they had already noticed the mistake and my credit card statement was amended the day after.

I had several problems with error pages, but the complete booking process worked much better than before, IMO (except for tickets avalability, unfortunately...).

Wondered if anyone had received their tickets in the post. I booked all of mine last Tuesday and still have to receive them. Usually I get them in a few days. Just curious me.

Booked on 12th, not yet received