Tring Park Associates/Classical Ballet Academy

balletmum13

Hi my dd is auditioning for both cba and assossiates. Could anyone give me any infor on what to wear, what happens in the audition etc.? Thanks

Hello balletmum13,

There are lots of threads about Tring Associates - if you click on the tag "CBA" which I've added below the thread title, the previous threads will come up - do have a read through. :-)

• Like 2

My DD has been with the CBA (fortnightly Sunday classes) for just over a year.  The audition was a basic ballet class, very 'normal' and not at all pressured (apparently)

She wore a pale blue leo (that fits well) and socks and shoes.  Seem to think they did some flex stuff which meant taking socks off so tights were a no-no.

The classes are lovely, push them but fun at the same time.  1 hr of classical and 45 mins of 'coaching' which are both fexibility execisies and learning dances.

i dont know much about the TA bar they are on saturdays i think

I suspect CBA is more selective and competitive because despite the rather confusing name, Classical Ballet Academy at Tring is much more akin to other school-linked Associate schemes like RBS Associates, Elmhurst PVPs and Central Preps/Pre-Seniors.

The Tring Park Associates are what became of the Junior Conservatoire, which were good and well taught RAD Ballet and ISTD modern/Tap syllabus classes, taught by some Tring teachers and some outside teachers. It isn't an associate scheme like CBA is - but if you live within travelling distance and want good syllabus classes it's ideal.

balletmum13 - TPA is much easier to get into than CBA but it depends on what your dd wants to do.  My dd was at TPA for about 2 years and had only done ballet previously.  TPA gave her a chance to take up tap and modern and I have to say the teaching was really outstanding.  She went from complete beginner in tap to passing Grade 4 (with distinction) in under 2 years.  In my experience it's quite hard to find such good quality teaching for tap and modern.  There are also plenty of ballet classes to choose from both syllabus and non syllabus, however they have recently changed their timetable and a lot of the Saturday classes are now mid week after school so unless you live locally it doesn't work.