KNT Danceworks Manchester Adult Day Intensives in April 2016

BalletRocks1

Hi everyone! I thought this would be the best place to post this but if you think it would be better somewhere else, please do let me know!

KNT Danceworks in Manchester (the place where I take my classes) is going to be running a couple of day-long adult ballet intensives in April! :) Details are as follows:

Dates:
Beginners - Friday 8th April 2016, 10am - 4pm
(This level is suitable for complete beginner and beginner dancers)

Advanced - Saturday 9th April 2016, 10am - 4pm
(This level is suitable for intermediate and advanced dancers)

Repertoire: Romeo and Juliet

Teacher: Jane Tucker

Price: £50 (£20 deposit included in the price payable ASAP)

Venue: The Dancehouse Theatre, Oxford Road, Manchester

The announcement was posted on the Facebook account our teacher uses and there's been a lot of inerest already, so if you think you'll want to come along then email info@kntdanceworks.co.uk as soon as you can to register yourself!

I'll be going on the Saturday - I would love to do both days but I'm about to take three weeks off work for a holiday so won't be able to swing another weekday off so soon!

If you've go any questions please feel free to let me know! :)

Edited by BalletRocks1
  • Like 3

Hi BalletRocks1

Sounds good value, I guess there will only be time for one or two pieces, perhaps you could find out what scenes are being taught, I'm sure others would like to know. All of the R & J workshops I’ve attended have had the “Dance of the Knights” as a common piece; unfortunately some of the girls have to dance the guys part for partnering on this one. Although I have no interest in R & J, do keep us posted on other events coming up.

I think some time ago you may have posted about the Adult Associates starting at Elmhurst, did you ever go?.

I hope some of you can make it! It's quite popular amongst our class regulars so you should get in touch as soon as possible if you want to come :)

Michelle - I asked in class tonight whether we knew what bits of R&J we would be doing, but I don't think a decision has been made just yet. If I do find out I'll mention something in the forum, although it may well end up being a surprise for everyone :)

Unfortunately, time and money got in the way of me attending the classes at Elmhurst! A few things came up for me that meant I would miss a couple of the classes, and most of my disposable income was going into saving for a holiday to New Zealand that I'm going on soon. Hopefully I'll get to some later in the year, or next year!

Edited by BalletRocks1
  • Like 1

Hi BalletRocks1

I don’t know if you are aware but RAD at Elmhurst will permit drop-in. I have booked two of their classes for the whole 4 week term and I’ve asked them if I can cover the remainder of the classes for that day for the rest of the term on a drop in basis, to which they have said yes.

For me its along way to travel (over 100 miles each way) and its all car journey, as its only one day a month, a Sunday. So it makes good sense to make the most of it and blanket cover all of their classes, besides they encourage other dancers to join the absolute beginners as I think there is only three of them, I guess the perception is, it feels less intimidating for the beginners with safety in numbers.

RAD are thinking of adding a new level in next year as the existing dancers advance.

Anyway it would be nice to see you there.

Michelle - yes I was aware that going as a drop-in student was an option, but it just wasn't feasible this time for me to go (hopefully one day I'll get a chance!). I think I probably would do most of the classes, so I felt like I was getting loads out of the day.

My daughter danced at KNT tonight, totally enjoyed the class, she was there yesterday too. I will ask her if she will be interested in the advanced workshop.

Oooh what class was she in Tulip? On Monday I was in the Advanced Ballet and Beginners Jazz classes, and on Tuesday I did Beginners Ballet, RAD Inter Foundation and Pointe - was she in any of those?

In relaton to the KNT Danceworks Intensives in April, I should add that there is a limit of around 25 people - both days are filling up quite quickly so email info@kntdanceworks.co.uk to reserve your place if you're interested in coming along! :)

I attended Jane Tucker's Swan Lake intensive at KNT last August and enjoyed it tremendously. I attend her Wednesday evening classes for improvers in Leeds regularly and enjoy them very much. I find her an excellent teacher.  

I also attend classes at KNT frequently and was in Ailsa Baker's ballet class last night.  I get on well with all the teachers and enjoy the company of my fellow students.

I thoroughly recommend the Romeo and Juliet intensive and wish I could attend it.