RB - Period 4 - Summer 2015/16

Not very pleased with the RB this morning. Signed on nice and early to get tickets for Frankie and James Insight Conversation in the Clore only to find it was already sold out. Some point being a Friend+ if they sell all the tickets beforehand to their wealthier patrons. Bolshoi is expensive too. Not a good start to the day.

• Like 3

My husband did the booking this morning. He got signed in and got put in a waiting room with 11 people in front of him.He didn't have to wait long for access, got some tickets in the basket only for an error to appear that told him he needed to sign in again. He was not best pleased thinking he would now be in a huge queue (as back in the good old days) but he signed in again and got access to tickets straight away.

All the amphi seats we usually get had already gone for the Bolshoi performances we wanted and nothing at all was available in the main amphi for opening night of the triple bill. As SPD444 says, some point in being a Friend+

Not very pleased with the RB this morning. Signed on nice and early to get tickets for Frankie and James Insight Conversation in the Clore only to find it was already sold out. Some point being a Friend+ if they sell all the tickets beforehand to their wealthier patrons. Bolshoi is expensive too. Not a good start to the day.

Same thing happened with me with an Insight evening a few months ago. Waited for general booking to open without much hope and found they had kept 30 tickets back for general booking, and I snabbled one. It pays to check!

• Like 1

Strictly speaking it's the Spring season, but in case some didn't know (based on how many tickets are still left it might be the case), Draft Works went on sale today, apparently for all friends level at the same time. This year they're centred around Giselle, http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/draft-works-in-the-clore-reimagining-giselle-by-joshua-beamish

• Like 1

I booked SCS for a handful of Bolshoi performances and can vouch for the fact that it was £15.

As for the Insights, I am a Supporting Friend and there was nothing left even when I booked (and that In Conversation was the very first thing I looked for at the moment booking opened).

Susan Fisher, Customer Services, replied to my email saying:-

"Our Insight Programme is managed by our Learning and Participation team which means that tickets are shared with schools. The event is also held in a small space so sometimes it sells out very quickly to our higher level members. 

We intend to record more and more event and make them available through our website."

Given it says that cameras will be filming maybe they will make it available, which is better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very interested to go to London to watch the Bolshoi performances. Am i right to understand that as a 'normal' person trying in April that I have a slim/no chance of getting tickets? 

I am just trying to set my expectations for when the sale opens in April.

Thanks in advance!

I agree with Alison. There should be tickets available for all performances as long as you are not looking for really cheap seats. The Bolshoi tour is managed by the Hochausers and as it is a purely commercial venture all the ticket prices are considerably higher than those for Royal Ballet performances. The only new ballet is The Taming of the Shrew. It will be interesting to see whether the streaming of that ballet encourages ticket sales or whether it will have put people off.

The company has brought both The Flames of Paris and Le Corsaire to London before. The production of Le Corsaire is a reconstruction which plays the score in the order in which it was intended to be heard. It is, in large part, based on the Stepanov notation It is the reconstruction of the dream sequence which makes it worth seeing. This will be the second time that Ratmansky's reworking of Flames has been brought to London and the third time that this production of Le Corsaire has been seen here. It is difficult to predict which ballets will sell out quickly but I think that the fact that Swan Lake and Don Q are regular features of every Bolshoi tour indicates that the Hochausers regard them as good commercial choices.

Edited by FLOSS

Might I ask a similar question re:ticket sales thus far for the upcoming McGregor, MacMillan, Wheeldon bill? 

There are currently masses of tickets available in all parts of the house for all performances but no availability showing at the moment in Stalls Circle Standing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

By way of encouragement to any of you who missed out on tickets for the Hayward/Hay In Conversation event in June or for RB In Rehearsal a week on Monday, I'm happy to report successful acquisition of returns for both of them this afternoon... this after I'd been checking a couple of times a day for weeks without success. When I completed my transaction there was one other available seat remaining for the In Rehearsal, but this vanished so quickly (as in within 2mins) that I didn't even get the chance to post about it here as a tip-off.

Good luck to anybody still hunting!

Thanks for bumping this thread, Ruth - I didn't have time to look for it on Tuesday.  My booking experience went smoothly, for once (not that I had much to do!), although the only Stalls Circle/Balcony standing space I saw was for the RBS matinee.  Unfortunately, I was unlucky getting seats for the first-cast performances of the triple bill, i.e. first and last nights, so if anyone has any spares they don't want do think of me :)