Principal dancer at Stuttgart Ballet after two years with the company. Very tall, very long legs, great partner. He is American from Hawaii with an Indian mother and a Greek father, looks a bit like a Bollywood Hero. Don't steal him :angry:

• Like 9

Am tempted to go for Tamara's evening performance on June 11th, as can combine it with the ROH triple bill matinee. I'm planning on staying in London overnight this time as doing the return coach trip in one day, is too exhausting now. 

I would be interested to know where is the best place to sit at the Royal Albert. I do prefer to be slightly elevated but not miles away from the stage and I certainly wouldn't want a restricted view. I have looked at the website 'view from seat' photos, but if the ROH equivalent is anything to go by, they are not very reliable in my opinion.

I remember the RAH as quite a huge place, from childhood trips to the carol concerts, where I always managed to get lost on my way back from the stage. I also recall there being much adverse comment about audience behaviour at this venue for previous ballet performances,constant taking of photos and general noise and disturbance. Or did I misremember that?

I hadn't heard of him either but found some background here:

http://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/company/dancers/male-principal-dancers/constantine-allen/

Constantine Allen is a fabulous dancer, young, very tall, dark and handsome, is great in dramatic acting as well. (his mother is from India) 

I was lucky enough to see his phenomenal debut in Neumeier's Othello (title role), when he was promoted to principal straight from demi soloist. 

• Like 1

Am tempted to go for Tamara's evening performance on June 11th, as can combine it with the ROH triple bill matinee. I'm planning on staying in London overnight this time as doing the return coach trip in one day, is too exhausting now. 

I would be interested to know where is the best place to sit at the Royal Albert. I do prefer to be slightly elevated but not miles away from the stage and I certainly wouldn't want a restricted view. I have looked at the website 'view from seat' photos, but if the ROH equivalent is anything to go by, they are not very reliable in my opinion.

I remember the RAH as quite a huge place, from childhood trips to the carol concerts, where I always managed to get lost on my way back from the stage. I also recall there being much adverse comment about audience behaviour at this venue for previous ballet performances,constant taking of photos and general noise and disturbance. Or did I misremember that?

I would recommend the back of the stalls as the best seats, which will give you a good view of everything going on.  If you sit too close to the arena, there will be occasions when your view is blocked by dancers 'dressing' the stage during Acts I and III although they do their best to avoid obscuring the audience view!  If you go for the top of the Albert Hall (CIrcle), you will see the floor patterns but you will see more tops of the dancers' heads than their faces.  Boxes are a decent option, if you can get a seat at the front of the box (unlike ROH, seats in boxes can be sold individually).  Although the production tries to have no 'front', inevitably there are times when the action is directed towards the area opposite the orchestra but, on the whole, you will have a good view whichever 'side' you sit.  As to audience behaviour, I remember a few people ignoring the request not to take photographs but on the whole it is not too bad if you can forgive the insult of people talking during the overture!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, bless you for this, Capybara.  I was changing a travelling commitment to be able to attend this performance and still honour a work commitment of long standing ... and now I will be able to have those couple of days in Beijing without conflict.  Bless you.  

Another cast change. Cesar Corrales is replaced by Yonah Acosta at the matinee on 9th June.

http://blog.ballet.org.uk/cast-change-swan-lake-round/

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

The Twitter statement said injury.  Nothing serious, I hope (I would have thought that the fact that she's dropped out of one performance rather than all three is an indication that she thinks there's a chance it won't last long).

• Like 1

I wonder what will happen when Tamara and Alina eventually retire? Lauretta Summerscales is a very exciting prospect for the future, but I do think that the ENB at the moment is stronger in its men than its women.

ENB also has Ksenia Ovsyanick and Shiori Kase who are both wonderful right now.

• Like 1

Shiori was delightful in rehearsal! Cojocaru was the lead though.

One thing about the Albert hall it was great hearing that wonderful music reverberating around .....worth going just for that!!

Is it just me or does anyone else think Jeanette Kakareka and Ksenia Ovsyanick look a bit alike?

I sometimes have to check which of them is dancing though I think Jeanette is taller.

I don't think that they look alike. Ksenia has striking auburn hair whereas Jeanette has mid brown hair. They are both tall and leggy, Jeanette more so. However, from a distance I suppose that you could confuse them.

• Like 1