How many pairs of pointe shoes do you get through at vocational senior school?

Yorkshire Pud

My dd also got through 3-4 pairs per month in her first year of upper school. However, she now has a special order Gaynor Minden shoe and so far this year I have purchased 3 pairs. They are such a hard wearing long lasting shoe and I only expect to have to buy one, possibly two more pairs this year.

• Like 1

I used to have several pairs going at once - hardest ones for pointe class, softest ones for group repertoire and then I would turn them into demi-pointes.  Think of how much pointe they do a week - the above mentioned classes plus pas de deux, variations and just some pointe work at the end of class, so those who said 4 a month are pretty accurate!  In my day shoes cost a guinee a pair - one pound one shilling - which was actually very expensive - you could get a 3 course meal for about 1 shilling and 6 pence!  Hope your daughter has a wonderful time at vocational school!

• Like 2

A combination of using Shellac in particular areas of the shoe specific to DD and having a shoe that is made individually for DD has cut us down from 4 pairs( off the shelf) per month to 2 pairs! DD on occasion could have a shoe only last 5 hours!( some brands). One good thing is she never needs to work shoes in her feet break them in just through a couple of hours class work! X

• Like 2