Sign in to follow this  
Isobit

Recommendations for a school in Leeds/West Yorkshire

We're looking at dance schools in Leeds, and surrounding areas, at the moment, for two children, aged seven and nine years.  I would really appreciate any recommendations for a good school, please. IDTA or RAD ballet school is fine, possibly a school offering festivals too.

Many thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum Celandine!

Tutugirl has a school in Keighley. My dd did a summer school there and loved it and tutugirl is very professional from a parents' point of view. I know she gets pupils into Associate Schemes etc.

Yes definitely recommend Tutugirl and The Yorkshire Ballet Academy in Leeds. Northern Ballet in Leeds offer open classes, associates and a ballet CAT scheme.

• Like 1

Depends where you are. Some schools which seem to do well at local festivals and regional championships are Adele Taylor School of Dance (Huddersfield), Marilyn Baker, Hazelbiz, and Armley Dance Studio - all can be checked out on Facebook.

• Like 1

No personal experience, but I have a friend whose children attend Ellite Studios in Wakefield and they are certainly very happy there. They follow the ISTD syllabi in a variety of genres and seem to achieve excellent results in exams and at festivals etc. I know they have  dancers who are currently on various associate schemes and a fair number of ex students who are now in full time training/working in performing arts, so it sounds like a good all round school.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the recommendations and to those who sent suggestions via private message. It's been an enormous help, with us now having managed to narrow it down to a couple of schools to look at.