Dizzyballetmum

Audition leotards and colours

Does anyone have any ideas what sort of leotard styles and colours would be preferable for a girl auditioning for a year 7 place at both WL and Elmhurst ? I had chosen a burgandy inter mezzo leotard but her JA teachers isn't too keen . I now have the choice of sky blue or raspberry .

Lots of previous discussions on this subject! :-)

If you search Doing Dance for "audition leotard" - using speech marks - you'll find a whole list of threads. I'll try to link to some in a minute.

• Like 1

I wore a burgundy intermezzo leotard when I auditioned for WL year 8! I think the most important thing is that your dd feels good in her leotard as that will help her dance well. Maybe wear the chosen leotard for class before the audition though, to check that the straps aren't 'fiddly' or anything!!x

It's worth making sure that the straps sit nicely (so your dd won't need to fiddle with them) and also that the leotard isn't cut too low at the back, as you often have to pin a number on the back as well as the front and you don't want it on your bum! She will need to wear a belt with the leotard too.

• Like 2

Hi, someone on a thread recommended a Dans leotard with a v high leg. I cant find the link now. Any suggestions anyone ? Thank you 

Maybe the Degas leotards? There’s been lots of threads about these and you can find then on our site below :) The style 9501 and 9502 have the highest leg lines. 

Kr

sheila

• Like 2

I recommend for auditions that she wears a simple style, they don't tend to like leotards that have loads of lace or patterns on them. This is what I was told at an audition course. Good luck to her!

• Like 1

On 18/07/2018 at 11:36, WillowBallerina said:

I recommend for auditions that she wears a simple style, they don't tend to like leotards that have loads of lace or patterns on them. This is what I was told at an audition course. Good luck to her!

Thank you , I posted that a couple of years ago now . She ended up going for a raspberry so danca and I had the leg customised slightly higher as she’s a bit of shorty.  It seemed to do trick and she’s just completed her second year :)

• Like 4