Adult Dancers - 3 day "Ballet Retreat" in Leeds August B/H weekend

Jan McNulty

Hi Janet thanks for posting ......this looks really good ....and I love David Kierce as have occasionally attended his classes at Central.

Am seriously interested in attending this so will put the word around this area!!

• Like 1

Ooh looks very interesting... Only trouble is, I am now going to have to choose between that and LAB - definitely can't afford both! This is much closer to me and would cost less esp as could commute daily, but LAB is a whole week and I so enjoyed it the first year have been waiting until I have the pennies and annual leave to go again, which I thought I might just manage this year. Decisions decisions...

I would love to do the LAB intensives and they are much nearer to me of course but unfortunately age has caught up with me and I cannot cope with all day five or six day intensives any more!!

I will do the Chelsea Ballet summer school though( first week of August) as although that is for six days you can do as many classes or as few each day that you want.....so brilliant for people like me or people with kids who may not be able to get childcare for all six days!!

David Kierce is a fun teacher so bound to have a good time with him......though you still work hard in his classes he makes them very enjoyable.

I really enjoyed Leeds a couple of years ago when up for there for the weekend so would enjoy going back and perhaps a trip to the theatre this time as well!!

• Like 1

£279.  It's on the "What to expect" page.

Of course, if you are not local to Leeds there would be accommodation, breakfast and evening meal on top of that.

It sounds like good value to me given the faculty and the use of Northern Ballet's fabulous studios.

• Like 1

Some advice: would this sound appropriate for an adult who's just done grade II, has been dancing for about three years and does about four-five hours a week including following along an Intermediate class as best she can? It might make a good birthday present for someone …

(I'll ask organisers too, just wondered what people here thought.)