Fun Quiz - which role could you dance in BRB's Spring Season

Added: my goodness, I can't believe how cheap the tickets are, by normal BRB Hippodrome standards. Can I find some cheap rail fares?

And actually, given the prices, I could be tempted to stay on for The Dream in the evening, too. Shame the trains are so slow in the evening or I could manage the entire evening performance. Wonder how much longer before BRB announce casting?

• Like 1

I note that there are suddenly 2 very price Virgin trains back to London on the Saturday at the sort of time a football match might be expected to be finishing. Wonder if anyone has any good suggestions of where I might find out what matches might affect occupancy of which trains?

I note that there are suddenly 2 very price Virgin trains back to London on the Saturday at the sort of time a football match might be expected to be finishing. Wonder if anyone has any good suggestions of where I might find out what matches might affect occupancy of which trains?

The Villa match (against Norwich) is a 3 o'clock KO so might affect trains around 5.00 to 6.00 ish.

We're staying in Brum for dinner (it's been 15-odd years since I've had a curry there) and heading home a bit later.

I got Titania too.  :D  That will do nicely.

Alison, I haven't looked at the dates, but I think the two football teams that would cause an influx of fans are Birmingham City and Aston Villa.   I think the latter requires fans of away teams to go via one of the main Birmingham stations, but it is a long time since I checked.  If you look at the websites for both teams, it will say whether they are playing at home or away, and the times of the matches.  If either are playing at home, then be prepared for teaming confusion at match chucking out time. 

• Like 1

Added: my goodness, I can't believe how cheap the tickets are, by normal BRB Hippodrome standards. Can I find some cheap rail fares?

And actually, given the prices, I could be tempted to stay on for The Dream in the evening, too. Shame the trains are so slow in the evening or I could manage the entire evening performance. Wonder how much longer before BRB announce casting?

They usually seem to announce 2 weeks beforehand these days - therefore any time from tomorrow!

Alison there's a railcard and a senior railcard both offering similar discount.

I am "that" old ....to have the senior one but before that I had an ordinary one that anyone can buy and is definitely worth it if you do quite a bit of travel by rail they cost about £25 though may have gone up .....better check as mine due for renewal next week!!

Well I've had the senior one for quite a few years now I hope they haven't changed everything.

Yes I'm sure it was called a Network railcard but when I had one between 1997 and 2007 when I started doing a lot of rail travel I'm sure I used it to go to Cornwall and Cambridge on it!! I'm pretty sure it was countrywide. I did a lot of tooing and throwing when my mum was ill using both Southern (Brighton) and South Western companies (which served Woking)

I will ask when I renew!!

Emma:  It's perhaps just as well that you didn't get Fairy Queen, for I fear you might have had me as Oberon, your King - and I'm guessing that we'd not be at all well matched.  Seems an unlikely role for me, I must say, I must have pressed the wrong buttons.

• Like 4

There are different railcards for different areas where I live in the North West there isn't one I can have until I am an OAP:-((  I believe down South there is one you can get that is not ageist.

But unfortunately there are no non-ageist, non-singlist ones which cover the entire country :(

I'm going on the opening night of the Double Bill, just really want the casting now.

Casting for the first 2 performances is up: https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on/event/ashton-double-bill#dates-and-times

• Like 1

Emma:  It's perhaps just as well that you didn't get Fairy Queen, for I fear you might have had me as Oberon, your King - and I'm guessing that we'd not be at all well matched.  Seems an unlikely role for me, I must say, I must have pressed the wrong buttons.

I was beginning to get concerned about the lack of Oberons.  You will be quite busy in the partnering, Ian.  Several Fairy Queens to look after.  :)

• Like 1

Alison have just looked and yes you are right the Network card doesn't cover the whole country!

You can get to Cambridge on it and as far as Exeter St David's in Devon! But not Cornwall.

Whether you get a reduced rate as far as Exeter and pay more for the rest of the journey have no idea.

Anyway I used to do Brighton to Woking an awful lot at one time until got another car in 2005. I still train it down to Cornwall and always train it to London so the senior card is still very useful.

Sorry this has gone way off track.

Hope I can catch The Dream by BRB even if have to go up to Birmingham and pay extra on the train!!