Natalia Osipova/Sergei Polunin Appearances

You may be pleased to note that Mr. O'Hare is the guest speaker at the next meeting of the Ballet Association on the 19th May, so why not come along and ask him???

Because I am away on May 19th.    Perhaps you could ask on our behalf?  And I am sure we all know that unless the casting has been officially announced by then we won't get a straight answer.

Polunin has done Rudolf in Moscow and Armand with Rojo for the RB as well, so it really isn't that fanciful...

I'm not saying it IS fanciful as far as the dancing is concerned:  I am just interested that Polunin says he hasn't had the conversation yet about guesting, and a critic is saying it's all done and dusted!  I very much hope that this is case.

I'm not saying it IS fanciful as far as the dancing is concerned:  I am just interested that Polunin says he hasn't had the conversation yet about guesting, and a critic is saying it's all done and dusted!  I very much hope that this is case.

I would say that it may not  be fanciful for him to be cast, though far from certain. There is a big difference still in this case between being cast and actually dancing ;)

It's pretty likely the interview took place earlier than last Wednesday, the two statements don't necessarily contradict each other. If a deal hadn't been finalised at the time of the interview, it could have been a way for him to build some outside pressure, and it seems to be working based on the reaction here and even more if people plan on asking Kevin O'Hare. If the deal had been finalised already, it can still be a way to drum up some publicity for appearances that will anyway only be confirmed when casting for these performances is announced.

You may be pleased to note that Mr. O'Hare is the guest speaker at the next meeting of the Ballet Association on the 19th May, so why not come along and ask him???

Oh, that's interesting.  I saw him do Marguerite and Armand with Tamara Rojo and it was really something.  I haven't seen his Mayerling other than bits on Youtube and he didn't seem to me to be a patch on Watson.  Hope he doesn't grab any of Ed's performances!

• Like 1

Hope he doesn't grab any of Ed's performances!

Grab performances?  Why would he do that?  The RB is one Rudolf down with the retirement of Acosta.  Quite logical for the company to schedule a new one.

Grab performances?  Why would he do that?  The RB is one Rudolf down with the retirement of Acosta.  Quite logical for the company to schedule a new one.

I know.  I am just being literal because I could watch Ed do Mayerling for every performance - which would probably kill him!

Ladies and Gents, and for what it's worth, I give you this from "Russia Beyond The Headlines":

http://rbth.com/arts/theatre/2016/05/10/is-natalya-osipova-set-for-a-return-to-the-bolshoi-in-the-new-season_591839

Last year there was some discussion  of an announcement that Natalia Osipova would be returning to the Bolshoi as a guest artist.

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/10984-natalia-osipova-to-return-to-the-bolshoi-as-guest-artist/

Maybe that's what is meant?

Edited by Bluebird