Filing is not my thing!

Jacqueline

Well done! How are you going to celebrate?

I struggle with keeping up with paperwork and even though I'm quite computer savvy I prefer a paper copy over a digital copy any day. Correction, I like to have both!

I'm curious to know of the method you used that was mentioned in the book you read. As for the shredded paper, it's a great addition to the compost bin.

Edited by Lucinda
  • Like 1

The method in the book was to put the paperwork into piles just according to which part of the case it related to. The box started to empty quite quickly once I separated the paperwork into headed piles. Then I was able to break each one down into names and statements and then take out the duplicates. I didn't get into alphabetical order or any order really, just what part of the case it was about. I wasted too much time on detail in previous attempts, plus this time I didn't get bogged down rereading it all or trying to cross reference and whatever. I also threw out anything illegible, faded and/or torn.

In the book, the woman doing the sorting had been given the contents of the suspect's bins as well. Luckily I was only dealing with paperwork! Plus she was working towards the objective of getting a case back to court.

My objective was just to empty the box!